George Best Dies

rickyrob

Despite being a City fan, (which is like a Blackhawks fan saying something remotely good about a Redwings fan) this is a sad day.

I didn't really have very much respect for the guy as a person, but as a footballer, he was one of the best. 'scuse the pun.

Best Dies at 59

Very sad day.

sad.gif He might have had his faults but we all have. Never saw him play but watched him on TV, brilliant player. The ultimate compliment came from Pele, he said he was the best footballer in the world. Nuff said !! UP THE MILLERS !! sad.gif

A fond farewell to the GREATEST footballer the world has ever seen.

George was the BEST.

RIP George...thanks for the memories

Coming home on Saturday

http://im.edirectory.co.uk/products/1196/i/northernireland.gif

R.I.P George

He was one of the top 3 greatest players ever and even graced Edgeley Park for Stockport County playing just 3 games and scoring twice.

I must admit though, I thought he'd already died last week because I drove past a newsagents which had a sign in the window saying "Best liver for sale"

then I realised it was a butchers confused13.gif

Sorry couldn't resist that, but I'm sure George would have seen the funny side biggrin.gif

Man, There are some real A-holes in this world. THE greatest footballer to have played the game dies, and some ignorant scousers and leeds fans spoil it. Shame on them, they should be punished, either by fines or by having Rooney set on them.

I thought it was really nice seeing the Man City shirt at Old Trafford, at least some rivals know where the line is.

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 28 2005, 03:23 PM)
Man, There are some real A-holes in this world. THE greatest footballer to have played the game dies, and some ignorant scousers and leeds fans spoil it. Shame on them, they should be punished,

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Nov 28 2005, 09:23 PM)
Man, There are some real A-holes in this world. THE greatest footballer to have played the game dies, and some ignorant scousers and leeds fans spoil it. Shame on them, they should be punished, either by fines or by having Rooney set on them.

I thought it was really nice seeing the Man City shirt at Old Trafford, at least some rivals know where the line is.

ditto.....my personal feelings are that he was the greatest ,even compared to some of today's petulant so called superstars,george would wipe the floor with them,sure he had problems,but who does'nt

focus on the positives he left as a legacy,not the negatives that the papers will no doubt dig up again.

cheers george r.i.p

(I think Mandalorian Hunter was reffering to the breaking of the one minute silence by Liverpool and Leeds fans...I think he may have been including me in the A-hole category....I would never break a 1 minute silence by the way)

I made the sick joke and I sincerely apologise..it was very heartless of me, out of character and totally inappropriate.

I did post my positive views on the wonderful football player this legend was, but I guess I ruined that with my cheap joke.

I'm really sorry and again heartfelt apologies to all concerned.

QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 22 2005, 10:34 PM)
(I think Mandalorian Hunter was reffering to the breaking of the one minute silence by Liverpool and Leeds fans...I think he may have been including me in the A-hole category....I would never break a 1 minute silence by the way)

I made the sick joke and I sincerely apologise..it was very heartless of me, out of character and totally inappropriate.

I did post my positive views on the wonderful football player this legend was, but I guess I ruined that with my cheap joke.

He even played for County wink.gif

Hall of Fame

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Dec 23 2005, 10:41 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Dec 22 2005, 10:34 PM)

He even played for County wink.gif

Hall of Fame

I know tongue.gif

I did put that in my original post wink.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Dec 23 2005, 05:16 PM)
Whoa, dudes, Huck, Dr.Gomes, my little rant wasn't aimed at anyone on here! It was the fans at Elland road and Anfield it was aimed at. Sorry if it came across in the wrong way.

No problem MH new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

The apology still stands though smile.gif

Archived