Oceansize - Amputee

This is a totally random song from a prog/alternative band from the early 00s. When I was younger, I grew up on Country music (which I still love). But when I was in high school, I was just getting into bands like Rush, Dream Theater and Porcupine Tree, and it all opened my eyes to another world of real music.  This band, Oceansize, created some of the anthems of those years to me. I was always a little surprised that they didn't make a bigger impact than they did.

Still, every once in a while, one of their songs pops into my head. Music For a Nurse or Trail of Fire... But this track, Amputee, remains one of my favorite songs ever. And now, 20 years later, I'm still spinning it from time to time. I love this song, and just wanted to share.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

Amazing band, for a second I got excited wondering if this was a new release. I haven't thought about them for years, but I used to loce post hardcore and the experimental bands of that time, and Oceansize alongside Areogramme were sorely underrated. See also Planes Mistaken For Stars.

https://kscopemusic.com/oceansize-join-kscope/

Kscope is thrilled to announce that throughout 2024 and into 2025 we will begin re-releasing the Oceansize catalogue, featuring their releases from 2007 onwards.  Starting with a bang as an orange 12” on Record Store Day, the first release will be the EP Home & Minor, never before released on vinyl.

Been a fan of this band for years.

Here's their tribute to Black Sabbath