RTB pro shot videos

I was looking through some old threads here on TRF, and I noticed that people have mentioned two RTB tour shows being recorded: one in Auburn Hills in 1991, and one in Irvine in 1992. 

Could someone provide some info on if (1) anyone knows of anybody who is in possession of the Auburn Hills 1991 show, and if so, why hasn't it been released to the public, and (2) provide some information about the Irvine show? I haven't been able to find much about the Irvine one, could someone fill me in about it?

Thanks!

Also does anyone else know anything about the pro-shot show from Toronto in 1994 that they used clips from in some documentaries and award ceremonies?

Edited by TheAnarchist2112
  • Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 8:21 AM, TheAnarchist2112 said:

I was looking through some old threads here on TRF, and I noticed that people have mentioned two RTB tour shows being recorded: one in Auburn Hills in 1991, and one in Irvine in 1992. 

Could someone provide some info on if (1) anyone knows of anybody who is in possession of the Auburn Hills 1991 show, and if so, why hasn't it been released to the public, and (2) provide some information about the Irvine show? I haven't been able to find much about the Irvine one, could someone fill me in about it?

Thanks!

Also does anyone else know anything about the pro-shot show from Toronto in 1994 that they used clips from in some documentaries and award ceremonies?

Nobody knows for sure where the Auburn Hills footage is. Allegedly it was filmed by Anthem (or so I've heard) but no full copy is circulating anywhere. Currently a very small snippet of the Soundcheck and concert are all that are publicly available. I've also heard that Irvine was filmed but I don't have any more info regarding that show. 

A European Roll The Bones show was also at least partially filmed. Footage from the Cologne, Germany show exists online. 

44 minutes ago, TheAnarchist2112 said:

What do you mean? Like a full 1991 pro shot concert? 

He probably means the Bootleg recording of the show. A taper filmed one of the Auburn Hills shows and that exists online. 

Both Presto and Counterparts shows at Auburn Hills were recorded from the in house video feed. Both are in the wild and I forget which of the 2 appears as bonus footage on one of Rush's officially released sets.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:42 PM, TheAnarchist2112 said:

What do you mean? Like a full 1991 pro shot concert? 

Just checked.

They're Rochester 1991 and Pensacola 1994.