The Garden cover

rugen

A lovely cover.

I really liked the drum fill that brought in the drums in initially -- very tasty. I really disliked the drum fill that brought in the guitar solo.

The bass playing was nice -- some interesting runs and implied chords.

Yes not Neil Peart drumming here!, also at the 3:40 time the keyboard solo that is played originally by Alex is too low in the mix and not as strong as the Rush one.

I only saw this today, thank you rugen for the post.

But I have to say...4 "Likes"? 3 replies?

I am not affiliated with this group from Singapore but they obviously spent a hella-lot of time recording this. The album is Examination put out in 2019. They also do a version of Manhattan Project and BU2B (What?!) and I Walk The Line, by some old country music dude as well as some others. And The Sound of Muzak by Porcupine Tree. Seems to be a western music appreciation album. But they are really good at what they do! 

These folks are amazing, they recorded some tracks separately, just like ours faithful, instead of recording multiple vocal tracks they used two singers, the guitarist is playing both classical and electric guitar pieces, like ours faithful and the drums are simple but work perfectly. And the lyrics are clear with a similar emphasis on timing that Geddy always talked about. This group looks relaxed and the notes are all spot on. There are some variations (I think I heard some flute?) and with the guitar and obviously the drumming, but it works really well and the tone and respect of the song is really strong.

Who spends that much time making new artwork that keeps to the steam-punk theme but adds - a lover story -a journey of ageing - and builds on the original images with the great playing? This group did!

I think it's one of the best "band appreciation" projects I have seen. Highly recommended viewing. 

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 2