Steve Morse youtube with Rick Beato

especially interesting when he discusses how he changed his pick technique to work around his physical ailments. Prince of a guy and a consummate pro.

• Like 3

Yeah I saw this one and also the Andy Summers one.

He starts off with a nice version of Vista Grande from the Southern Steel album. It was interesting listening to his stories about Jaco, Pat Metheny, Hiram Bullock and co.

• Like 3

This was a great interview.  I've been a fan of Morse ever since High Tension Wires came out in 1989.  And I got Southern Steel on tape in 1991 and just about wore it out listening to it in my car.  Interestingly, I mistook Vista Grande for Ghostwind (first song on High Tension Wires) because if had been so long since I'd heard either.

I love songs of his like Southern Steel, Tumeni Notes, and especially Highland Wedding.

Take It Off The Top from the Dixie Dregs live album Bring 'Em Back Alive is an all time favorite of mine.

And I want to say Beato's interview with Andy Summers was great, as well.

Now if he could just get Lee and Lifeson together (or separately.)

• Like 3

On 1/1/2024 at 5:39 PM, treeduck said:

Yeah I saw this one and also the Andy Summers one.

He starts off with a nice version of Vista Grande from the Southern Steel album.

That might be my favorite track from Southern Steel.

Morse is in my top-5, and I've been a fan since The Dregs' Unsung Heroes album. I could listen to him shredding it up all day long, but I'm more drawn to his melodic songs. Vista Grande is a good example, along with these.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Morse is in my top-5, and I've been a fan since The Dregs' Unsung Heroes album. I could listen to him shredding it up all day long, but I'm more drawn to his melodic songs. Vista Grande is a good example, along with these.

I can't see the third video for some reason, but yeah those are great. The Introduction was the first Morse album I'd heard, though I'd heard a couple of Dregs songs on the radio (Friday Rock Show themes) for years without realising what they were. Wolf Song is another one in that vein from Southern Steel and Long Lost and The Oz from Coast to Coast.

On 1/3/2024 at 3:13 PM, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Always fitting the music, never gratuitous. 

"I don't like the Dregs because they don't have a singer!". That's because they have a musical vocabulary beyond the realm of your understanding. 

I think I need a musical .brain cleansing. Time for a deep dive into some Dregs and Morse. 

• Like 3