What Questions Have You Submitted for Geddy's Book Tour?

Holdyourfireal

I agree that extended editions of p/g and ASOH are unlikely, but I'm still hoping for one for ESL. It was shot on 35mm film, unlike the other two; film is expensive stuff and they wouldn't have thrown out the negatives. There was someone on the Steve Hoffman forums who worked on Beyond the Lighted Stage who claimed to have seen the film canisters in the Anthem archives, so I do believe they still exist. The only question is whether the entire show was filmed or not in the first place.

Even if it wasn't, you could do a spectacular 4k remaster of those negatives. It boggles my mind that it hasn't been done yet, frankly.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rush Didact said:

I agree that extended editions of p/g and ASOH are unlikely, but I'm still hoping for one for ESL. It was shot on 35mm film, unlike the other two; film is expensive stuff and they wouldn't have thrown out the negatives. There was someone on the Steve Hoffman forums who worked on Beyond the Lighted Stage who claimed to have seen the film canisters in the Anthem archives, so I do believe they still exist. The only question is whether the entire show was filmed or not in the first place.

Even if it wasn't, you could do a spectacular 4k remaster of those negatives. It boggles my mind that it hasn't been done yet, frankly.

I just think if we were ever going to get anything else from ESL it would have been on the MP 40th box set. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't ASOH on film, too? It doesn't look like video tape like the GUP one.

Of course, I'm just as curious about all the other shows we know were filmed, plus the remaining footage from the 1997 Toronto and 1990 Auburn Hills shows.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snowdog2112 said:

I just think if we were ever going to get anything else from ESL it would have been on the MP 40th box set. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Isn't ASOH on film, too? It doesn't look like video tape like the GUP one.

Of course, I'm just as curious about all the other shows we know were filmed, plus the remaining footage from the 1997 Toronto and 1990 Auburn Hills shows.

Holy shit you're right.  I just went back and had a look at ASOH and it IS film, you can see the odd dust speck here and there!  I never noticed that!!

Okay, come on guys, bring these things into the 21st century, they could look SO good...