The Official 2023-24 NHL Season Thread

Rhyta

23 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

I liked "the Bees" (Beehive State, and all) . . . but I guess there's already a minor league baseball team with that name, so maybe not.

Yeah that has been suggested and you are right, the minor league baseball team has been the Bees for a long time.  One other downside to that is there are already several teams with black and gold colors so that complicates it.

• Like 1

Avs have another monster period, scoring 5 goals in the 3rd, lead series 2-1. Georgiev had another good night and it is looking like getting Middlestadt from Buffalo was a great choice, he set up 3 of the goals with some lovely passes.

Things got nasty at the end of the game, had some bad fights.  Someone got cut by a skate but not sure who is was.  It is going to make this a rougher series than I thought.  :hockey2:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs have another monster period, scoring 5 goals in the 3rd, lead series 2-1. Georgiev had another good night and it is looking like getting Middlestadt from Buffalo was a great choice, he set up 3 of the goals with some lovely passes.

Things got nasty at the end of the game, had some bad fights.  Someone got cut by a skate but not sure who is was.  It is going to make this a rougher series than I thought.  :hockey2:

It got rough in L.A. as well. Rules of a one-sided game. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

An illustration of Boston Bruins goalies Jeremy Swayman and Linus Ullmark doing their trademark post-game hugGO B"S

I really love their cellys, it is a cool thing to watch :clap:

• Like 1

Dallas fought hard tonight, it would have been a blowout with out Thompson in goal for the Knights.  Went to OT and Dallas won.  Very entertaining game.

Now the first game of the day Sunday is the Avs v Jets.  Really hoping they go back to Winnipeg with a 3 game lead. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Toronto, lost 3-1, and both games on their home ice, in Toronto.  On Tues., in Boston, is game five.  I haven't given up on them, and I'm not going to.  It's still taking a game at one time.  Right now, if you look at it, Colorado, would have a two game lead back to Winnipeg, and one game to win the series.  I hope Colorado, will win the series, but before the series started, it may've been a pick 'em, and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to seven games.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I like the way NHL set up these games this weekend. On a given day, you can watch all four contests, barring overtimes.  :smile:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Toronto, won 2-1 in overtime.  On Thurs., in Toronto, there will be a game six.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Derek19 said:

Toronto, won 2-1 in overtime.  On Thurs., in Toronto, there will be a game six.

Woll to the end!    :pirate:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicken hawk said:

What was that BRUINS?    Where did you go?   :hockey1:

When Marchand gets knocked down by a linesman, you know you're in trouble. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Avs eliminate the Jets!!  Mikko gets two goals, ends his dry spell.  This team is so much better than last year, got some great pickups and it shows.  Happy for Parise to get some goals, the old guy can still skate.  Now we wait to see who we will face. GO AVS!! :hockey2:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Avs eliminate the Jets!!  Mikko gets two goals, ends his dry spell.  This team is so much better than last year, got some great pickups and it shows.  Happy for Parise to get some goals, the old guy can still skate.  Now we wait to see who we will face. GO AVS!! :hockey2:

But you have to admit that first Winnipeg goal yesterday was comical.  

• Haha 1

Yes it was, but Pionk did Lekhonen a favor later by putting one in for him. So it's even. :wink:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In Toronto, Toronto, won 2-1.  On Sat., in Boston, there will be a game seven.  I don't know if William Nylander, has had anymore migraines, but he scored two goals, and Joseph Woll, along with the rest of the team played another really good game to tie the series.  

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Derek19 said:

In Toronto, Toronto, won 2-1.  On Sat., in Boston, there will be a game seven.  I don't know if William Nylander has had anymore migraines, but he scored two goals, and Joseph Woll, along with the rest of the team played another really good game tie the series.  

Nylander missed the first three games due to those headaches. Just hoping the noise explosion after he made it 2-0 didn't start them all over again.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, blackhawkrush said:

Goodbye Preds and your obnoxious fans. Ex-Hawk finishes the job.   :7up:

Too bad was hoping that one went to 7 games.  As for obnoxious fans, there are plenty left...(looking at you Dallas :rolleyes:)

Vegas managed to hold Dallas off so Avs have to wait a few more days...:pirate:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rhyta said:

Too bad was hoping that one went to 7 games.  As for obnoxious fans, there are plenty left...(looking at you Dallas :rolleyes:)

Vegas managed to hold Dallas off so Avs have to wait a few more days...:pirate:

Yeah, I'd hate to be sitting behind the #BANG guy.  

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2024 at 12:21 PM, Chicken hawk said:

What was that BRUINS?    Where did you go?   :hockey1:

Bet you liked Saturday's game better :biggrin:

• Like 1