The Rise of Kings 1968-1981 - Necromancer Video? - Help Needed

skullchrist

Hello fellow Astromancers!

Just saw the The Rise of Kings 1968-1981 doc on Axis TV and couldn't believe my eyes when they showed a 'video' snippet from The Necromancer!  Pretty sure the copyright said 1979.

I scrambled and looked everywhere but it's nowhere to be found.  Does anyone know what this is?  Is it a real video?  Why can't I find it?

Thanks! :laugh:

• Like 1

Found the documentary on Tubi. The Necromancer scene is a clip from a movie.  It's from a Italian Sci-Fi movie called "The Visitor" from 1979. The documentary just used a short clip of it to pair with the music. The clip shown in the documentary shows up in the movie at 3:45. I found it by googling the name credited on the clip. The director named Giulio Paradisi was credited in the documentary.

(Full Movie Here)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TheGhostRider said:

Found the documentary on Tubi. The Necromancer scene is a clip from a movie.  It's from a Italian Sci-Fi movie called "The Visitor" from 1979. The documentary just used a short clip of it to pair with the music. The clip shown in the documentary shows up in the movie at 3:45. I found it by googling the name credited on the clip. The director named Giulio Paradisi was credited in the documentary.

(Full Movie Here)

How in bloody hell did you find that?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheGhostRider said:

(Full Movie Here)

Wow!  Thanks! :thumbsup:

That looks like a 70's movie alright!  Completely mind-bending and hyper-surreal.

BTW, I'm familiar with many Psychotronic and acid-fueled mindf**k films from this period and I've never heard of this movie!  Will have to watch one day.

Edited by skullchrist

10 hours ago, Rush Didact said:

How in bloody hell did you find that?

The clip of the movie? I just googled the guy’s name from the Documentary and a link to a Wikipedia page about the movie  popped up. Then I found a link to the movie on YouTube and just skimmed through until I found the clip. Wasn’t hard honestly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGhostRider said:

The clip of the movie? I just googled the guy’s name from the Documentary and a link to a Wikipedia page about the movie  popped up. Then I found a link to the movie on YouTube and just skimmed through until I found the clip. Wasn’t hard honestly. 

Haha you shouldn't give away your secrets, you looked like some kind of savant with an uncanny knowledge of Italian B-movies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rush Didact said:

Haha you shouldn't give away your secrets, you looked like some kind of savant with an uncanny knowledge of Italian B-movies...

Lol true. Some things are better left unsaid.

• Haha 1