KISS “End Of The Road Tour” starts in Cincinnati - My Rock Music Birthplace

After seeing the announcement, I now have a lot of memories flooding back into my consciousness.

My first two rock concerts were KISS: mid 70’s, Cincinnati’s Riverfront Coliseum.  I was 15 and a huge fanatic. No other bands existed in my world.  *SIGH*  :blush:   

It took about 2-3 years for me to escape the Cult of KISS, and I went on to see every band possible.  I saw so many, but I also missed some big ones, like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath (with Ozzy)….I still feel sad about those.  

But I did see RUSH in Cincinnati - not once but twice!  I was very happy to have joined a new Cult, one that still has me fully under its thumb.  Growing older and seeing all my favorite bands fade away can be disheartening, but the music always rescues me.  

It’s always about the music.  It will endure…..always.  

:alex:    :Neil:     :geddy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, edhunter said:

I saw the reunion tour in '96 in SLC from the 2nd row. For 45 bucks. Original lineup and Paul could still sing. I wouldn't go now unless it was free with dinner thrown in.

I saw them a 3rd time in '86.  I went on a dare - just for laughs.  We sat in the back, and I just laughed at them. 

My goodness....they hadn't changed a bit.  The same juvenile dirty jokes and behavior.  :facepalm: