'Band Of Brothers 2'

Jack Aubrey

Sorry I'm late with this one, but I just found out! I can't freakin' wait for this!

'Band of Brothers' Team Heads for Pacific Theater

Hollywood Reporter ^ | Jul 21, 2003 | Chris Gardner

Posted on 07/21/2003 7:36:39 AM PDT by jern

'Band of Brothers' Team Heads for Pacific Theater Mon Jul 21, 1:44 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters TV to My Yahoo!

By Chris Gardner

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Spielberg (news), Tom Hanks (news) and Gary Goetzman -- the Emmy-winning creative team behind "Band of Brothers" -- are mounting a new 10-part World War II mini-series centered on battles in the Pacific theater.

DreamWorks confirmed that the project, being referred to as the "Untitled World War II Pacific Theater Project," is in the early stages of development, with a deal being finalized for HBO to serve as a partner in the mini-series.

The production is expected to require a "Brothers"-type budget of more than $100 million.

Screenwriter Bruce McKenna, who penned several installments of the first miniseries and picked up a Writers Guild of America Award for his work, already has held numerous creative meetings with Spielberg and Goetzman and is expected to become the head writer.

There is no deal for McKenna, and negotiations haven't started for the scribe to board the project, but sources said the principals are discussing scheduling and how much it would cost to hire McKenna for what would be a long-term assignment.

Currently a hot writer on the film front, McKenna is adapting Marvel Comics' "Hands of Shang Chi" for DreamWorks and recently closed a deal to adapt the upcoming nonfiction book "The Perfect Mile" for Universal Pictures, Spyglass Entertainment and Kennedy/Marshall.

The "Pacific Theater Project" is not based on any existing source material but is expected to follow a company of soldiers through the island campaign, just as "Brothers" viewed the European campaign from D-Day forward through the eyes of Easy Company of the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division.

The multiepisode "Brothers," based on the book by historian Stephen E. Ambrose, proved to be an awards circuit favorite after it aired on HBO in 2001. It was nominated for 19 Emmys and earned six, including a trophy for outstanding miniseries.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Very good news Jack. I didnt get to see Band of Brothers until earlier this year when I watched the DVD's of them. I was definatly very moved by the storyline and the visual realness of the shows. Now granted I am still young and havent seen every great war movie, nor do I have (or ever want to see) any real combat, but the material in a few of those ones definatly were moving.

I dont have HBO, but I am looking forward to its showing on TV and inevitable release on DVD.

The ETO (European Theater of Operations) Band of Brothers was extremely good. I am so looking forward to another installment. Great news!

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Apr 29 2005, 06:31 PM)
To my knowledge their were no soldiers involved in the island hopping campaign.

You mean Army as opposed to Marines? The army was significantly involved in many operations in the south pacific, from Guadacanal all the way to the Okinawa Operation.

If that's not what you mean, then I don't know what you are talking about.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 4 2007, 03:59 PM)
Anymore news on this?

Yes, the working title is 'The Pacific War' and it will debut in 2009. Here's the IMDB page: 'The Pacific War'.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 4 2007, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 4 2007, 02:07 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Jan 4 2007, 03:59 PM)
Anymore news on this?

Yes, the working title is 'The Pacific War' and it will debut in 2009. Here's the IMDB page: 'The Pacific War'.

You ROCK! 1022.gif

Thanks! trink39.gif

Anytime. Delighted to be of service!

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Apr 30 2005, 08:16 AM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Apr 29 2005, 06:31 PM)
To my knowledge their were no soldiers involved in the island hopping campaign.

You mean Army as opposed to Marines? The army was significantly involved in many operations in the south pacific, from Guadacanal all the way to the Okinawa Operation.

If that's not what you mean, then I don't know what you are talking about.

I really doubt that any army presence was very significant. Army on an island hopping campaign? How did they get there?

This is Marine Corps territory, and if they try to glorify the army in this history then this series is bullshit.

Well since I am a pacifist and hate to see any forms of violence, even historical depictions of said violence, I will have to boycott this show. yes.gif

Oh wait... i just got done listening to Goober's radio show. I'm sorry... I was temporarily possessed. z7shysterical.gif

I CAN'T FRIKKIN' WAIT TO SEE THIS!!! yes.gif The first BoB was amazing. yes.gif This should be just as good. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Riv @ Jan 4 2007, 05:44 PM)
I really doubt that any army presence was very significant.

It was incredibly significant. If we had enough marines, they could have covered it. But as it was, they needed more fresh meat for the grinder.... enter the army!