Thick as a Brick deluxe reissued

treeduck

jethro-tull_thick-as-a-brick-40th-annive

A 2022 repress of the glorious 40th anniversary edition of Jethro Tull's conceptual masterpiece, Thick As A Brick. Out of print for 10 years!

The CD features a new mix of the album by Steven Wilson, while the DVD contains 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital surround sound mix, high quality stereo 96/24 (new mix), the original 1972 stereo mix flat transferred to 96/24 PCM (directly from the Morgan Studios recording by Robin Black), plus a 1972 radio ad. 

The original TAAB newspaper, an article by Classic Rock's Dom Lawson, rare photos by Didi Zill and Robert Ellis, recording/touring mementos and much more are contained in a 104 page hardback book.

All preorders come with an exclusive postcard.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, treeduck said:

jethro-tull_thick-as-a-brick-40th-annive

A 2022 repress of the glorious 40th anniversary edition of Jethro Tull's conceptual masterpiece, Thick As A Brick. Out of print for 10 years!

The CD features a new mix of the album by Steven Wilson, while the DVD contains 5.1 DTS & Dolby Digital surround sound mix, high quality stereo 96/24 (new mix), the original 1972 stereo mix flat transferred to 96/24 PCM (directly from the Morgan Studios recording by Robin Black), plus a 1972 radio ad. 

The original TAAB newspaper, an article by Classic Rock's Dom Lawson, rare photos by Didi Zill and Robert Ellis, recording/touring mementos and much more are contained in a 104 page hardback book.

All preorders come with an exclusive postcard.

I got very excited when I read the headline in the press, thinking that perhaps this was a new package for 50 years ....... with maybe a super duper live show from the tour..... sadly I was only being delusional!!:doh:

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 2

Just now, zepphead said:

I got very excited when I read the headline thinking that perhaps this was a new package for 50 years ....... with maybe a super duper live show from the tour..... sadly I was only being delusional!!:doh:

Well I missed out on it the first time so it's good news for me! :clap:

• Like 1

Just now, treeduck said:

Indeed yes, but some of the later anniversary sets contained associated live shows from the relevant tours.

Unfortunately there are no real quality bootlegs from the TAAB tour, suggesting that there is no suitable material to use ..... shame really.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zepphead said:

Indeed yes, but some of the later anniversary sets contained associated live shows from the relevant tours.

Unfortunately there are no real quality bootlegs from the TAAB tour, suggesting that there is no suitable material to use ..... shame really.

True but I can't resist having one of those TAAB packages! :bounce::drink:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, treeduck said:

For me as well, the only other Tull album not named Aqualung I enjoy.  I'd be getting it mostly for the surround mix, but I'm basically not listening to surround music anymore so it's a bit of money to spend for something I may only spin once.

• Like 2