Very Cool Accoustic Guitar Skills

Test4VitalSigns

Don't recognize him. The video is kinda dark, so that doesn't help.

He's certainly got some skills, and he's got a quick right hand, but that piece was pretty unmusical. I'd like to see him perform an actual song.

If you want to hear an amazing acoustic guitarist with great two-hand technique, check out Michael Hedges.

This reminds me of a guy I know. Michael Kelsey. Has anyone heard of him? I jammed with one of his old drummers before. We would watch Michael on folk night and he would rock the Hizouse with his acoustic. 1022.gif

Michael Kelsey song

http://www.michaelkelsey.com/GUITARmagPHOTOcopy.jpg

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Nov 9 2005, 06:56 AM)
This reminds me of a guy I know. Michael Kelsey. Has anyone heard of him? I jammed with one of his old drummers before. We would watch Michael on folk night and he would rock the Hizouse with his acoustic. 1022.gif

Michael Kelsey song

http://www.michaelkelsey.com/GUITARmagPHOTOcopy.jpg

Anyone care to guess which stadium is in the picture?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 6 2005, 03:23 PM)
If you want to hear an amazing acoustic guitarist with great two-hand technique, check out Michael Hedges.

That guy has a song called "Baal T'shuva." Interesting.

Hmm, and he has another song called "Bensusan." If I'm not mistaken, that's two words - Ben Susan - and Susan isn't pronouned like the name Susan, but rather soosan, with both the S's voiceless and with the stress on the second syllable. Ben means "son of," and Susan, I believe, is a phonological variant of Shushan, the ancient Persian capital.

Uncommon names for songs.

Edited by physics23

Oh no, a guy playing acoustic like a bass. I don't think it's that good, because I play acoustic like that a lot. My favorite acoustic guitarist- Tim Reynolds. Pure insanity.

Edit: I'm uploading a vid via- yousendit right now. I'll post it when it's done.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 6 2005, 04:23 PM)
Don't recognize him. The video is kinda dark, so that doesn't help.

He's certainly got some skills, and he's got a quick right hand, but that piece was pretty unmusical. I'd like to see him perform an actual song.

Michael Hedges was amazing God Rest His Soul!!! I used to own Aerial Boundaries & Live on a Double Planet. A true acoustic guitar Genius yes.gif

Another one of my favorite acoustic players is a guy called Adrian Legg. Here's a link and you can hear samples of his stuff. For any lover of acoustic guitar, I think you will like this guy.

Adrian Legg Sound Bites!

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

QUOTE (physics23 @ Nov 30 2005, 11:15 AM)
Check out this girl:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1994835504362469704

Pretty cool. I like the artifical harmonics she does with her picking hand, she plays a whole chord with artifical harmonics. She has small hands yet her technique allows her to play clean. For people just starting out on guitar I can't stress enough how important it is to play on your fingertips. At first it's not so easy to do but if you start doing it from day one it will pay off in the end. I heard a lot of people say they could never play guitar because they have small hands, that's not true, it's all about technique.

At one point she almost played a Malmstein song. All he does is play clasical songs on an electric guitar, like really fast lol.

Edited by Indica