Your Top 10 Muse Songs

I know nothing about Muse. What is the best introduction album? It's not all gloomy alt rock junk, is it? It's not like Justin Bieber meets hard rock, is it?

It's a wide variety of heavy prog stuff, alt rock bangers, creepy romantic balladry, pop power, Spanish accents, spacey electronics, and lots of doomsday theories. The best album to start with probably depends on what interests you the most out of that, though their 4th album Black Holes & Revelations does a pretty good job of covering all those bases.

Which one sounds most like,say, Deadwing or one of the more recent Mastodon albums?

Wikipedia states that the singer does melismatic singing. I really hate that stuff - is there a lot of it? I was thinking of listening to some things on YouTube. I'll check out the Black Holes one if you think that's a good starting point.

Update: not warming up to it so far. Does it take a few tries?

Might just not be for you. I don't know who told you if Muse sound much like Mastodon but they really don't. They're much more a fusion of Jeff Buckley, Nirvana, U2, Queen, and Rage Against The Machine, with touches of Daft Punk and Justin Timberlake thrown in.

• Like 1