King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

vaportrailer

Bought their latest album after hearing the title track. Great vibes, great playing, good hooks, great creativity.
  • Like 2

solid new album, nothing amazingly special but it is the most light hearted album I have listened to in a long time.

7/10

favorites: fishing for fishes, cyboogie, the bird song

Edited by Bigbobby10
  • Like 2

solid new album, nothing amazingly special but it is the most light hearted album I have listened to in a long time.

7/10

favorites: fishing for fishes, cyboogie, the bird song

I'm not much of a "boogie" fan, but I liked about half of this on first listen. Some great textures and lyrics. I would've liked Planet B to be on there, but I'm greedy.

It'll be interesting to see how the material comes across in concert. I hope they can figure out an arrangement of Acarine. Great tune.

• Like 1

One of the 5 albums released by the band in 2017 was given away free. "Polygondwanaland" is King Gizzard's prog/math-rock album.

Filled with polyrhythmic ideas highlighted by strangely sparse production, and at times flirting with Medieval-sounding modes, this at times reminds me of Gentle Giant's "Power and the Glory" in its clarity/concision and production. Lots of acoustic guitar, synths, crunchy bass, and sweet drumming. Lots of odd-times, lotsa rawk.

But judge for yourselves. It's still free:

https://kinggizzardandthelizardwizard.com/polygondwanaland/index.html

Love that frenetic 7/8 opening of "4th Colour"! :NP:

These guys are f*cked. Love their work ethic. Excellent rhythm section too.

Really enjoying "Polygondwanaland" these days. Interesting production.

Listened to "Fishing for Fishies" again, and it hasn't grabbed me. I find it sags in the middle. Too much boogie. Some great stuff on there though, just not enough of it. 5.5/10

faves: Fishing for Fishies, Acarine, first fifty seconds of This Thing, guitar solo from Boogieman Sam.

This rocks though:

:haz:

Polygondwanaland is kicking my ass up and down the block.

Gotta love reasonable use of 11/8 time. And that bass break-down at 2:28 is tasty.

I can't stop listening to this album.

• Like 2

I might need to listen to literally all of their albums... now that they're seemingly teasing a thrash metal album, I'm beyond convinced these guys are among the most versatile musicians ever to walk the earth.
  • Like 1

One of the 5 albums released by the band in 2017 was given away free. "Polygondwanaland" is King Gizzard's prog/math-rock album.

Filled with polyrhythmic ideas highlighted by strangely sparse production, and at times flirting with Medieval-sounding modes, this at times reminds me of Gentle Giant's "Power and the Glory" in its clarity/concision and production. Lots of acoustic guitar, synths, crunchy bass, and sweet drumming. Lots of odd-times, lotsa rawk.

But judge for yourselves. It's still free:

https://kinggizzarda...land/index.html

Love that frenetic 7/8 opening of "4th Colour"! :NP:

These guys are f*cked. Love their work ethic. Excellent rhythm section too.

Entre! Download this album right now! Prog Gizzard! :haz: