Favourite Alex solo?

IbanezJem

Rush played so many different styles over the decades, but Alex's solos were always very appropriate and tasteful. I wondered what you think is your favourite burst of six-string majesty - not from instrumentals but in the context of a beautiful addition to a song. As someone who tries to play guitar, I have always been seduced by technical, fast guitar work and for me (today!) I think Alex's solo in The Analog Kid is one of his best.

:Alex:

I love all of his solo's, and agree, The Analog Kid is one of his best. Turn The Page hardly gets recognised as a great solo. I tuned in the radio right when his solo was playing back when the album was new. I knew right away it was Alex. He has a certain sound that you know only he comes up with. He is and always will be my favorite guitarist.

Edited by RockyTheRockTender
  • Like 1

It has only been since 2014 that I dived "headlong" into the entire catalog. 2014 was the first time I viewed Alex's solo on "Between the Wheels" in R30, I had to replay it multiple times. I literally said "WTF" out loud the first time. That further drew me in to explore the dozens of lesser-known tracks. So, its BTW for me. Analog Kid and Marathon are top of the list of many, many amazing Alex solos.
  • Like 1