ByWyzD

Hopefully this is in the right thread. I see a lot of really cool avatars on here and wondered how some of you are creating them. I realize a lot of them are cut and pasted from other images or personal photos etc. but I also see a lot of really creative avatars that must have been created using some sort of program. For example I will see avatars that are a blend of differnt Rush components, album covers, rush pictures, logos etc. Has anyone found something that works really well for this type of thing? Thanks for any help you can give.

my knowledge of photoshop was very limited when i did mine, but it was enough to do the trick. now i know a little more, but have a LOT more to learn. photoshop rocks.

as a small example, recently i took this photo i found on the internet and thought was cool:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/collage1.jpg

and changed it into this photo - even cooler IMHO!:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/collage2.jpg

peace,

gary

Apparently Adobe Photoshop is the best but I find tons of cool avatars all over the internet. And some people can be nice enough to make you a custom one, like they did with my sig.

QUOTE (endlesslymocking @ Oct 5 2005, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 5 2005, 07:44 PM)
I find mine on the net.

me too.

But I made my signature with paint.

My avatar is paint too. I just took a Danza pic...and pasted it on the bananas.

So some of you here know a little about creating stuff like that? I'm interested in doing a banner for my sig, that's a combination of things. Test's picture, the NWW banner and a few other pics maybe. Does anyone know of a good program to do that with (besides photoshop, I don't have how ever much it costs these days laugh.gif ). Thanks in advance for any tips smile.gif

I wish I could help ya out but the person who made my Sig is on another forum, sorry its not a Rush forum. However he is quite good at it and there are many more on this particular forum that make sigs and banners. Let me go look up some things and come back. This place has a forum just for Art and a bunch of links to some free programs out there.

I make mine from funny movie clips I find around the net. I have software that turns movies into gif files. I then use animation shop to tweek the size and the properties of the animation. I make em in about 3 minutes.

If anyone wants an Avatar from a movie or cartoon or whatever. Just let me know and I'll be glad to make em for anyone that wants animated Avatars. I do a lot of graphic design at work doing web design and development. Just send me a message with your request and I'll be glad to make ya an Avatar up real quick. If you supply, or tell me where to download the desired movie clip that is even better.

Tance I can hook you up with all the image software you will ever need for making web images, Photoshop, Paintshop, Corel, Gif Animators, etc... Just say the word and they are yours girl. Photoshop is awesome. Paintshop is awesome too and a little easier to use than Photoshop is for beginners. I'll post the software on my FTP for ya. Just let me know.

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 5 2005, 10:19 PM)
Tance I can hook you up with all the image software you will ever need for making web images, Photoshop, Paintshop, Corel, Gif Animators, etc... Just say the word and they are yours girl. Photoshop is awesome. Paintshop is awesome too and a little easier to use than Photoshop is for beginners. I'll post the software on my FTP for ya. Just let me know.

ohmy.gif That would be soooo awesome if you wouldn't mind!! I've been looking to get into photo editing/creation type stuff lately... just haven't been sure what programs and such to use. Thanks a ton man!!!! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Trance @ Oct 5 2005, 09:40 PM)

ohmy.gif That would be soooo awesome if you wouldn't mind!! I've been looking to get into photo editing/creation type stuff lately... just haven't been sure what programs and such to use. Thanks a ton man!!!! trink39.gif

I have to upload them all to the server. I'll give you the link when they are done they should be ready for you by tomorrow. I'll let you know. Just don't give the link to anyone other than test. tongue.gif

After you have them all I'm gonna delete them from the server.

You do have a zip utility right? winzip, winrar, etc...

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Oct 5 2005, 10:49 PM)
QUOTE (Trance @ Oct 5 2005, 09:40 PM)

I have to upload them all to the server. I'll give you the link when they are done they should be ready for you by tomorrow. I'll let you know. Just don't give the link to anyone other than test. tongue.gif

After you have them all I'm gonna delete them from the server.

You do have a zip utility right? winzip, winrar, etc...

Yeah, I was gonna say just PM me that link laugh.gif Also, I do have winrar so I'm good to go there. Yeah just drop me a PM when they are up and I will check 'em out for sure! Thanks again, bro! smile.gif

Here is a lik to some free software.

Serif Software Lots of stuff here.

Dogwaffle Paint and Animate.

Anim8tor

Daz 3D

Gimp

Pixia

I have alot more links but maybe I should put these all over in Reverse Polarity.

QUOTE (ES-335 @ Oct 5 2005, 08:29 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Oct 5 2005, 05:33 PM)
73 (1-0-0-1-0-0-1) was kind enuff to make mine!  1022.gif

Me too! 2.gif

Me three. I've had this avatar since the spring of 2004. It'll never change. It's perfect. heart.gif

Archived