Batman Vs. Wolverine?

kazzman

Link

Batman versus Wolverine? Yep, and it's going to be magic

Christopher Nolan's next project isn't a followup to 'Batman Begins', it's a turn of the century magician battle. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Nolan is set to direct 'The Prestige' for Touchstone Pictures, and he's negotiating with Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman to take on starring roles as rival magicians.

The script is based on a same named novel by Christopher Priest, in which two competing London magicians' struggle to steal one another's trade secrets turns to murder. The book has been adapted into a feature film by Jonathan Nolan, Chris Nolan's brother and the man who wrote the original short story on which Christopher's first big movie 'Memento' was based.

Should they sign, Jackman and Bale will start shooting the $40 million film some time in January. Hugh Jackman is set next to appear in Darren Aronofsky's mysterious pic 'The Fountain' and he's currently busy shooting the much maligned third 'X-Men' movie. Bale can next be seen this fall in Terrence Malick's Pocahontas flick 'The New World'.

DUDE!!! You totally hooked me in on that title. I thought Marvel and DC were going to do a crossover. DAMN!!!

How cool would that be?

As for the story you're talking about, it sounds like a run in HELLBLAZER. The comic that Constantine was LOOSELY based on.

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Oct 3 2005, 07:35 PM)
Batman would beat Wolverine's ass. beathorse.gif

So those claws would just somehow glance off Batman's skin somehow? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Sark @ Oct 4 2005, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (Cyclops @ Oct 3 2005, 07:35 PM)
Batman would beat Wolverine's ass.  beathorse.gif

So those claws would just somehow glance off Batman's skin somehow? unsure.gif

You can't claw anyone if your hands are tied first thing get out the Batrope ties his hands together smile.gif

Man, you guys are too obvious. Forget the claws, Wolverine needs to breathe. First thing Bats would do is gas him. All the healing factor in the world can't help if there's no O2 going to your brain.

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Oct 4 2005, 12:09 PM)
Man, you guys are too obvious. Forget the claws, Wolverine needs to breathe. First thing Bats would do is gas him. All the healing factor in the world can't help if there's no O2 going to your brain.

Ahh the Batgas doh.gif

Left that in my other belt ohmy.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Oct 4 2005, 09:50 PM)
Batman is just kick ass. He's the second best ever, behind Spiderman of course. 1022.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Spidey wouldn't be able to last 5 minutes against Bats. Give Bats time to observe Spidey from the shadows and learn all his tricks, and he'll take him down in no time.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 4 2005, 09:26 PM)
Batman is just kick ass.  He's the second best ever, behind Spiderman of course. 1022.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Spidey wouldn't be able to last 5 minutes against Bats. Give Bats time to observe Spidey from the shadows and learn all his tricks, and he'll take him down in no time.

I dunno. Batman never has a hard time against people who can match his physical prowess. He'd have problems with a lot of the Marvel Universe street types. Daredevil and Spiderman, especially. Keeping on thread, he'd still beat the crap outta Wloverine. biggrin.gif

and this thread started out so innocently as a simple thing about actors playing opposite each other in a totally unrelated movie.....

....and I still think Wolverine would smell ol' Bats coming, cut off his utility belt, carve him up and dump him on the Batmobile in quivering, bloody chunks! tongue.gif

I'd just like to say that I am very glad that this conversation isn't getting nerdy at all. cool.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 4 2005, 09:26 PM)
Batman is just kick ass.  He's the second best ever, behind Spiderman of course. 1022.gif

I wasn't really comparing them for a fight, but I still think Spidey could win. That's the whole purpose of the Spider sense. Anyway, I was just saying who my two favorites were. I'll take them as a team Kazz, you and me. 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Oct 6 2005, 03:40 PM)
I'd just like to say that I am very glad that this conversation isn't getting nerdy at all. cool.gif

We need a forum specificly for the comic geeks of TRF... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 7 2005, 11:28 AM)
I'd just like to say that I am very glad that this conversation isn't getting nerdy at all.  cool.gif

Shit, I'd probably be the first one there. tongue.gif

By the way, the Silver Surfer would beat the crap outta both Wolvie & Batsy simultaneously. bolt.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 7 2005, 09:24 AM)
I'd just like to say that I am very glad that this conversation isn't getting nerdy at all.  cool.gif

By the way, the Silver Surfer would beat the crap outta both Wolvie & Batsy simultaneously. bolt.gif

Yeah, but Galactus would beat the three of them! tongue.gif

QUOTE (Cyclops @ Oct 8 2005, 11:42 AM)

Superman would destroy them all. tongue.gif

Oh wait, he couldn't even beat Batman...

QUOTE (kazzman @ Oct 8 2005, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (Cyclops @ Oct 8 2005, 11:42 AM)

Superman would destroy them all. tongue.gif

Oh wait, he couldn't even beat Batman...

I would take Spiderman and Batman over just about anybody.