What is your favourite KISS studio album?W  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite KISS studio album?

• KISS
    • Hotter Than Hell
    • Dressed To Kill
    • Destroyer
    • Rock and Roll Over
    • Love Gun
    • Gene Simmons
    • Ace Frehley
    • Peter Criss
    • Paul Stanley
    • Dynasty
    • Unmasked
    • Music From "The Elder"
    • KILLERS
    • Creatures of the Night
    • Lick It Up
    • Animalize
    • Asylum
    • Crazy Nights
    • Hot in the Shade
    • Revenge
    • Carnival of Souls
    • Psycho Circus
    • Sonic Boom
    • Monster
    • None, I don't like KISS

Horrifically overrated pop band as disposable as bubble gum. To talk about classic Kiss is on a par with eulogising your last big dump.

And 44 years later, still stirring the emotions in cranky old farts

Hardly disposable

Horrifically overrated pop band as disposable as bubble gum. To talk about classic Kiss is on a par with eulogising your last big dump.

As I age I take that less and less for granted.

:LMAO:

As George Harrison said, "All Things Must Pass" ;)

I don't think they are OVERRATED by critics, only by casual American rock fans. In fact they are barely critically acclaimed.

• Like 1

Even though the band was falling apart at the time, I love the five studio songs on Side 4 of ALIVE II

Rocket Ride is legendary

Of course! It's an Ace song!

He played it live when I went to see him several weeks ago! It was AWESOME!

I've heard that Bob (not Bruce?) Kulick and not Ace played the studio tracks on Alive II for the most part.

He reportedly played on three of the tracks, while Ace played on Rocket Ride (of course), and Paul on Any Way You Want It.

And Creatures of the Night as well, right?

Even though the band was falling apart at the time, I love the five studio songs on Side 4 of ALIVE II

Rocket Ride is legendary

Of course! It's an Ace song!

He played it live when I went to see him several weeks ago! It was AWESOME!

I've heard that Bob (not Bruce?) Kulick and not Ace played the studio tracks on Alive II for the most part.

He reportedly played on three of the tracks, while Ace played on Rocket Ride (of course), and Paul on Any Way You Want It.

And Creatures of the Night as well, right?

Creatures, while some of the songs came out great, was a mess as far as guitarists ..

Though Kiss had used "ghost players" on previous albums, most notably Bob Kulick and Dick Wagner, Vinnie Vincent handled most of the lead guitar as a session player and co-writer before being added as the full-time replacement for Frehley, though like Carr, as an employee and not a full member. Blues guitarist (and friend of album producer Michael James Jackson) Robben Ford contributed two solos in what he described as one of his weirdest gigs... Mr Mister guitarist Steve Farris (who was considered as a replacement for Frehley) provided the solo and lead fills to the title track. Co-writer Adam Mitchell also contributed guitar work to the title track. Though often given credit for playing the solos on "Keep Me Comin" and "Danger", Bob Kulick admitted in a 2011 interview that none of the studio work he did on Creatures made it to the album.

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3