Bands that never had a member change??

Bigbobby10

I can only think of a few off the top of my head:

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

Rush and the Who come close but don't quite make it.

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, Led Zeppelin did release an official album with Jason Bonham on drums.

Did we ever come to a consensus on if the LZ album counted? I feel like that topic got lost in the Queen debate.

Why wouldn't it count? Because it's a live album?

Ehhh. It seems too far removed from the original thing. I say they count. Now if they had toured and recorded a new studio album with Jason Bonham on drums....

But it's called Led Zeppelin, not Led Zeppelin + Jason Bonham!

• Like 1

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

As someone pointed out earlier in this thread, Led Zeppelin did release an official album with Jason Bonham on drums.

Did we ever come to a consensus on if the LZ album counted? I feel like that topic got lost in the Queen debate.

Ehhh. It seems too far removed from the original thing. I say they count. Now if they had toured and recorded a new studio album with Jason Bonham on drums....

Maybe we could call it Led Zeppelin*

• Like 1

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

That isn't what they called it though. ReRushed is right. If we're gonna use that argument to say Queen still does count, then we can't ignore it to say Led Zeppelin counts. The only thing I could think of to keep LZ in now is whether or not we're counting live albums. Did the op say just studio albums or do tours and live releases count as well?

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

That isn't what they called it though. ReRushed is right. If we're gonna use that argument to say Queen still does count, then we can't ignore it to say Led Zeppelin counts. The only thing I could think of to keep LZ in now is whether or not we're counting live albums. Did the op say just studio albums or do tours and live releases count as well?

Live albums have to count. There are far too many live albums that define a band. As for Led Zeppelin, the line-up changed, they re-united and released an official album and dvd.

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

Live albums have to count. There are far too many live albums that define a band. As for Led Zeppelin, the line-up changed, they re-united and released an official album and dvd.

...yeah...yeah I agree. Definitely. But at least they used to count and had counted for a very very long time.

The Police

U2

Led Zeppelin

Cream

...yeah...yeah I agree. Definitely. But at least they used to count and had counted for a very very long time.

Yeah. I would have no problem not counting the Live Aid reunion. But the O2 concert was billed as a Led Zeppelin reunion. It was documented. It was released. It's in the official discography.