PRIMUS SUCKS!!! EMBRACE THE ODD OLD MUSIC! MODERN DAY MUSIC SUCKS TOO!

RUSHHEAD666

Another Primus Thread? I must be bored! Perhaps I am tired of listening to to new music!

After my Ghost obsession there is nothing.

Thank Goodness I am going back to the first 6 Primus releases!

Jesus! Back in the early Nineties when I saw Primus open for RUSH three times I was in Heaven!

I mean Primus was my second favorite band in the world. Back then it was always RUSH PRIMUS MARILLION.

Boy do times change. At least RUSH will always be my number one.

Anyway once Tim "Herb" Alexander left Primus I was PISSED OFF!

They were horrible without him. JMO

The Willy Wonka album with Les, Larry and Tim is very out there. Not sure if I can even comprehend the album.

Guess that's the point.

Does anyone like Sausage?

Not bad.

I bet primus blew rush off the stage...and their robot fans were all like, "This guy doesn't tell the same joke every night after song #3. Does not compute!"

I will never forget when I saw Primus open for Rush at the Oakland Arena.

Les stopped the show and he said:

"I remember back in 1981 I was here in this building right up there in the nosebleeds (and he pointed to his right) and I saw Rush on the "Moving Pictures" Tour. Now many years later here I am opening up for of the greatest bands in the world. I am honored and quite humbled."

Something like that.

Fukk man I used to follow Primus around like a dog in heat following a cute girl dog. "DOG WILL HUNT!" LOL!

I actually shot pool with Les once. It was after a Primus show way up north.

I stood in line for three hours trying to get into the Diablo Valley College cafeteria to see Primus.

The fire department was there and cut the line off.

I was pissed.

I've been a fukking Primus fan since "Suck On This" came out on vinyl.

One of the greatest live albums of all times.

You brainwashed Rush fans who rip this band have no fuckking clue. The album opens up with a homage to YYZ.

Open your fuckking wallets and your minds and get this live album.

Tim Alexander is one of the greatest drummers in the world.

RANDOM MOMENT: TOP FIVE DRUMMERS

PEART

PHILLIPS

COPELAND

WECKL

ALEXANDER

• Like 2

Another Primus Thread? I must be bored! Perhaps I am tired of listening to to new music!

Jesus! Back in the early Nineties when I saw Primus open for RUSH three times I was in Heaven!

I mean Primus was my second favorite band in the world. Back then it was always RUSH PRIMUS MARILLION.

The Willy Wonka album with Les, Larry and Tim is very out there. Not sure if I can even comprehend the album.

Guess that's the point.

Not bad.

I bet primus blew rush off the stage...and their robot fans were all like, "This guy doesn't tell the same joke every night after song #3. Does not compute!"

Primus blowing Rush off the stage is laugh

primus is killer. rush fans don't understand anything "weird," ignore the haters

Now,

I have heard it all! :LOL:

obviously I'm just trying to get a rise out of people, but I really do think primus in 91/92/93 would 100% beat hearing a bunch of songs from presto, roll the bones and counterparts.

I've got your back.

Primus was peaking in 1991. Rush was putting out a polished record with a shitty rap on a shitty song.

Don't get me wrong I love RTB but Primus music in that same year of release is so much better.

Their mosh pits were fuckking viscous.

I'm not a mosh guy but when it came to Primus I fukking did it.

I remember seeing Primus once up in Santa Rosa. Fishbone members came out of nowhere and played with Primus.

It was mindblowing. Primus and Fishbone together on stage.

I must either be insane, alone or fuckking smart as fukk.

Music is the spice of life. You can have your women or your men. You can have your God or your religion of choice.

Some need love. Give me rock and roll.

• Like 1

Guess that's the point.

Not bad.

I will never forget when I saw Primus open for Rush at the Oakland Arena.

Les stopped the show and he said:

"I remember back in 1981 I was here in this building right up there in the nosebleeds (and he pointed to his right) and I saw Rush on the "Moving Pictures" Tour. Now many years later here I am opening up for of the greatest bands in the world. I am honored and quite humbled."

Something like that.

Fukk man I used to follow Primus around like a dog in heat following a cute girl dog. "DOG WILL HUNT!" LOL!

I actually shot pool with Les once. It was after a Primus show way up north.

I stood in line for three hours trying to get into the Diablo Valley College cafeteria to see Primus.

The fire department was there and cut the line off.

I was pissed.

I've been a fukking Primus fan since "Suck On This" came out on vinyl.

One of the greatest live albums of all times.

You brainwashed Rush fans who rip this band have no fuckking clue. The album opens up with a homage to YYZ.

Open your fuckking wallets and your minds and get this live album.

Tim Alexander is one of the greatest drummers in the world.

RANDOM MOMENT: TOP FIVE DRUMMERS

PEART

PHILLIPS

COPELAND

WECKL

ALEXANDER

Your post sucks!

Your musical taste sucks!

Alexander sucks!

Claypool sucks!

Primus sucks!

:haz:

• Like 1

Hahaha!!!!!! Iron Maiden sucks!!!

Rush really sucks!!! Glad the old boring bums retired!!!!

There can only be One!!!! :madra: :madra: :madra:

And it is Ghost. :blaze:

• Like 1

I had tickets to 5 Rush gigs on the RTB tour, so that meant I had to see Primus 5 times.

First show: shocked, maddening, what is this?

Second show: shocked, oh interesting, shit they're horrible

Third show: shocked, hey that Bastard song is really cool

Fourth show: yeah, those damned blue-collar tweekers play Metallica on a f**kin' Cello

Fifth show: Pri-mus! Pri-mus! Pri-mus!

They were great back then and Cheese is a fantastic album. :clap:

• Like 1

LUCKY BASTARDO!

REVIEW?

I saw Primus play "Frizzle Fry" all the way through at The Greek in Berkeley.

They ended their set 3 minutes early. They had until 11 sharp to play.

Les said "Hey boys what should we play? Three minutes? YYZ!"

They played YYZ exactly until 11 sharp.

It was fukking priceless!!!

I had tickets to 5 Rush gigs on the RTB tour, so that meant I had to see Primus 5 times.

First show: shocked, maddening, what is this?

Second show: shocked, oh interesting, shit they're horrible

Third show: shocked, hey that Bastard song is really cool

Fourth show: yeah, those damned blue-collar tweekers play Metallica on a f**kin' Cello

Fifth show: Pri-mus! Pri-mus! Pri-mus!

They were great back then and Cheese is a fantastic album. :clap:

Holy shit! One of your best posts EVER!!!!! TO ME!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hahaha!!!!!! Iron Maiden sucks!!!

Rush really sucks!!! Glad the old boring bums retired!!!!

There can only be One!!!! :madra: :madra: :madra:

And it is Ghost. :blaze:

Nice! Although I'm almost through the new Maiden album one time only and I am in love!

• Like 1

LUCKY BASTARDO!

REVIEW?

Amazing show, Earl! First off I was with my daughter, which was awesome. She was pretty timid about the whole thing at first, but in line I coerced her into getting a picture with a Wonka-costumed superfan and that put her right in the mood (I'll have to dig that photo up...). Inside, the mood was perfect. we were among the first 20 into the venue and stationed ourselves on the rail right in front of Les' mic stand. R\To give us the full experience, ght next to us was the obligatory pig-masked Primusite:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg293/goose_trf/20150907_194057_zpsujx4aegp.jpg

The band was in top form, their playing seemingly inspired perhaps by a hall full of Freaks just-escaped from the BlackRock Playa Burning Man festival. The show began with a classic three-piece Primus playing most of the great classics, wickedly extended. They opened with Blue-Collared Tweekers, which absolutely killed. Next was Next Salmon Man, Wynona... (woohoohoohoo!!!), FrizzleFry. Jilly's on Smack was sublime, and led into the drum solo. Les joined in for a bit (wearing a monkey mask) with that funky one-string bass thing., just killing it. Eleven and American Life (killer) got the audience going...and my daughter got to experience her first in-concert brawl with security diving over the rail to break it up. l Mud and Jerry... closed out the set, which of course just boosted the already raucous crowd. For the first set, they had played everything in front of a black curtain, keeping the Wonka set a super secret. During the long-ish break the anticipation kept building . you could just tell something special was coming. That something special was this:

That's a bit of footage I took. My daughter and I managed to stay up front for the whole show, so we got to see the magic that is Les Claypool up-close and personal. They played the whole album, with groovy 70's Wonka-vid edits looped throughout to help tell the story. I thought it would be super mellow, but the added bandmates - a cellist and a xylophone/marimba artist - just killed it. I never expected that a cello solo followed by a xylophone solo would be the highlights of a Primus show but they were. I was too mesmerized to film it! At the end of the Wonka set, they all left the stage to thundering applause.

Last night was Les' wife's birthday, so he did a solo Iowan Gal for her. When he went double time on it I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Again...should have filmed it but I was too awestruck! Too Many Puppies was followed by an incredible Southbound Pachyderm that seemed to go on forever. Here Come the Bastards closed out what is one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

In short, PRIMUS SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

Edited by goose
  • Like 2