I Absolutely Love LOVE! "Forever Changes" Need To Be Made! "Alone Again Or" ARE YOU WITH ME?

RUSHHEAD666

Hahahahaha! My 18 year old daughter just saw it and loved it.

I saw the trailer when I went to see YOUR ASSIC WORLD. I thought ANUST MAN looked like crap! Sorry!

"You Set The Scene" Pat.

Michael Douglas is in it as Basic Instinct Man, his powers are getting his pants down near blonde lesbian murderers.

I actually love Michael Douglas.

I'm going to see the movie now because it has the Star Wars trailer in it!

You and your Star Wars flicks Earl. Star Wars is just a sci-fi B movie that got blown out of all proportion. Alex Guinness couldn't believe the hype, he was sick of the nonsense scripts, he was sick of the crap, sick of the mumbo jumbo.

I hate Star Wars. But to each his own!

Glad I am not alone haha

• Like 1

I love stuff like H.G. Wells, Isaac Asimov, Philip K. Dick, John Whyndham, real sci-fi authors who created absolutely amazing science fiction stories.

Star Wars is juvenile crud, and for all the hype of how great the special effects were, sorry but they barely look better than the classic fifties sci fi films.

As for Love, great band and album.

I Love Forever Changes and I LOVE EARL. You write in such an entertaining way, bro.

Hahaha! Thanks sis!!! I LOVE YOU TOO!!

ROCK ON AND RUSH ON FOREVER!!!!!!

I can't wait for Thursday!! FINALLY! RUSH BACK IN THE BAY AREA!!!

Will Rush be a "Bummer In The Summer?" Get it? LOL!!

Oh, Earl! :wub: :wub: :wub: I first head the album in the Spring of 1968 and ran out and bought it. I could count on one hand those that I knew who actually ever heard the album. It wasn't until I came to TRF that I realized it was a well known album, just not in the NYC metro area.

The Good Humor Man

I forgot the name of the very last song on the album, but it was one of my favorites as well. The lyrics I remember:

this is the time in life that I am living

and I'll face each day with a smile

i think the name of the song is You Set The Scene?

Anyway, a great album by a great band who was up against too much competition at the time to make an impact and get a fair shot.

• Like 2

Oh, Earl! :wub: :wub: :wub: I first head the album in the Spring of 1968 and ran out and bought it. I could count on one hand those that I knew who actually ever heard the album. It wasn't until I came to TRF that I realized it was a well known album, just not in the NYC metro area.

The Good Humor Man

I forgot the name of the very last song on the album, but it was one of my favorites as well. The lyrics I remember:

Anyway, a great album by a great band who was up against too much competition at the time to make an impact and get a fair shot.

It is my second favourite non-Doors album of that decade, after Pet Sounds!

• Like 1

The Good Humor Man

Well stated my dear!!!!! Awesome!!! Holy Cow! I was born in 1968! "Age Of Aquarius!" Wow! I am an Aquarius too! No wonder I'm so strange! LOL!

The Good Humor Man

"Pet Sounds" is a masterpiece. So hey have you checked out the new Brian Wilson movie? It's still in theaters. I hear it's excellent. Lot's of "Pet Sounds" stuff!

• Like 1

The Good Humor Man

"Pet Sounds" is a masterpiece. So hey have you checked out the new Brian Wilson movie? It's still in theaters. I hear it's excellent. Lot's of "Pet Sounds" stuff!

Having suffered three breakdowns in six years and losing a lot of my long term memory in the process, and battling excruciating OCD...not sure if I can stomach watching an artist I admire going nuts at a young age either...maybe I will, but it might be the most uncomfortable experience I will ever have in the cinema!

I love you Brian Wilson, my buddy haha! But ya know, life stinks and the bad moments don't always have to be shared (I heard you walked out lol).

PS. I am going crazy writing messages to my bestie Brian.

The Good Humor Man

Having suffered three breakdowns in six years and losing a lot of my long term memory in the process, and battling excruciating OCD...not sure if I can stomach watching an artist I admire going nuts at a young age either...maybe I will, but it might be the most uncomfortable experience I will ever have in the cinema!

I love you Brian Wilson, my buddy haha! But ya know, life stinks and the bad moments don't always have to be shared (I heard you walked out lol).

Hahaha! You are fukking nuts! No wonder I like you! Wait for the film to come out on Blu-ray and watch it int the comfort of your own home!

You need to listen to some FISHBONE!!!

• Like 1

The Good Humor Man

Hahaha! You are fukking nuts! No wonder I like you! Wait for the film to come out on Blu-ray and watch it int the comfort of your own home!

Fight the youth. Youth with poisoned minds.

• Like 1

The Good Humor Man

Fight the youth. Youth with poisoned minds.

Your timing is frigging incredible.

I just listened to that song!!!

God I love FISHBONE!

So does RERUSHED!

"Forever Changes" is probably my second favorite album in the world next to 'Hemispheres." I can't stop listening to it.

I need help!!!

"The Red Telephone" says it all.

My God I love the guitar on this record. What happened to all that killer fuzz Sixties guitar sound? It's the greatest ever.

Eerie creepy killer cool music.

Beautiful. "I wonder who it will be tomorrow you or me?" "Freedom........."

Great choice Earl!

Both band and album are amazing, but some days I prefer De Capo.

• Like 1

First heard some of the first side of Forever Changes in the 70s at an old hippies place when i was about 15.Didn't appreciate it then cause i was into all things heavy and loud.Took the plunge about 12-13 years ago and bought the remastered cd with all the extra stufff on it.Played it for days and have loved it ever since.Their other albums are ok but they can't match this one.I think what made me buy FC was an interview in Q magazine where Arthur was completely off his head and gave non-sensical answers to the questions.I also love the Forever Changes Concert cd.

Grasbo!

Your post is EPIC!!

It is their greatest album!

I bought the vinyl version for my 14 year old daughter!

She loves it!!!

There is hope!!!

I'm sadly getting a divorce but I will always have hope in LOVE.

The Red Telephone

I don't do lists but if i did this album would be in my top ten.I like in the liner notes how it describes that FC could be the sound(track?) to LA.I could just imagine Arthur'sitting on a hilltop'looking over LA,in fact one of the photos inside has him doing that.Arthur was one of rocks greatest characters but he and is band couldn't quite get it together and label mates the Doors overtook them.Whenever i am ever in the mood for some West Coast pysche Forever Changes usually will get a spin then i get into Quicksilver or the Dead before coming back to the Seeds or Strawberry Alarm Clock.Or ELP's Tarkus,perhaps.
  • Like 1

The story that i read that sought of finished Love was that during one of their sporadic live appearances was that halfway through a gig Arthur announced that he was going over the road to buy some groceries and disappeared for ages.Is this true?

I don't do lists but if i did this album would be in my top ten.I like in the liner notes how it describes that FC could be the sound(track?) to LA.I could just imagine Arthur'sitting on a hilltop'looking over LA,in fact one of the photos inside has him doing that.Arthur was one of rocks greatest characters but he and is band couldn't quite get it together and label mates the Doors overtook them.Whenever i am ever in the mood for some West Coast pysche Forever Changes usually will get a spin then i get into Quicksilver or the Dead before coming back to the Seeds or Strawberry Alarm Clock.Or ELP's Tarkus,perhaps.

Did you pick up the alternative version of "Forever Changes?" It's raw and it's killer. Lots of bonus tracks. Lots of cool banter in the studio!!!