Love & Mercy - Brian Wilson / Beach Boys

custom55

I hope John Cusack drives his limo while LA is falling in the ocean again.

Oh wait, different kinda movie eh?

I have loved the Beach Boys' harmonies forever. Hope I can get Mr. blues to go with me! This got good reviews at the Toronto Film Festival last year and looks like an interesting one- I only hope Elizabeth Banks does well in her role. Every time I see the trailer I keep seeing her in 30 Rock!

My middle daughter is interested also and she usually is not into this kind of movie. She is more into current music but she remembered an HBO documentary we saw about Leon Russell where he was talking about recording with Brian Wilson and a chorus. They couldn't get their harmony right and, without music, Brian Wilson went around to the like 18 chorus people and sang to each of them their different correct note so they would know it. Leon Russell said they then sang together and sounded fantastic; Brian Wilson had it all up in his head . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

I saw the movie today. I think there are holes in the movie that, unless you have some knowledge of the band and/or Brian, you could get lost. I loved the movie !!!
  • Like 1

I saw the movie today. I think there are holes in the movie that, unless you have some knowledge of the band and/or Brian, you could get lost. I loved the movie !!!

So glad to hear it is good! I read a review that Paul Dano and John Cusack are excellent. Hoping to see it in the next week or so; it is in the next town so will take some planning with Mr. Blues.