Best and Worst band album portraits

toymaker

Even if you love Hold Your Fire, surely you don't love those portraits...?

Which albums have the coolest band pics, and which ones are just . . . eeesh.

Sorry if this has been done.

I can't remember which one it is but the one where Neil's shirt appears a couple sizes too big I don't care for at all.... ;)
  • Like 1

I can't remember which one it is but the one where Neil's shirt appears a couple sizes too big I don't care for at all.... ;)

He looks quite dashing apart from that, though. Better than looking at that elephant ass, or whatever it is.

The one from P/G. The only one I remember.

The professional portrait photograph.

Good or bad?

What do you think?

What do I think of the picture or what do I think your opinion is? I think the picture is meh. I think that maybe you think it is also meh. But I can't be sure.

anything from coonskin geddy era

My "perm era" coincided with Geds coonskin era and looking back it wasn't pretty either... :scared: :D
  • Like 1

I suppose the question may seem to be more about the band's look than the actual portrait artistry. Some people will prefer Lee's witchy look over his Daniel Boone phase, his Yoko phase, etc.; some people dig Peart's Doug Henning look but may hold a certain fondness for the current look (I'll refrain from making comparisons to a certain visually impaired cartoon character); finally, is it Lifeson's Stevie Nicks look that you like, the Flock O' Seagulls thing, or the current Golf Dad look?

You can also comment on the attitude, pose, and/or composition of the album portraits.

I like the Kings portrait, but I also really like the time-lapse thing inside Moving Pictures. Many of the other portraits are . . . unfortunate.

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Good or bad?

What do you think?

What do I think of the picture or what do I think your opinion is? I think the picture is meh. I think that maybe you think it is also meh. But I can't be sure.

Well it's the only one I remember clearly so it stands out to me for some reason.

I kind of remember the Signals portraits...those weird colored ones.

And that one with Geddy's knee bent...with Neil's handlebar mustache...a somewhat Victorian looking photo...from AFTK I think? Or maybe Hemispheres.

And I guess the RTB and Presto ones with Geddy's ponytail...and Alex looking all stern...I recall the Presto and RTB photos being almost the same...

Edited by savagegrace26

AFTK portrait kicks ass. Geddy looks really f*ckin cool, love the shoes. Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are cool as well

Good or bad?

What do you think?

Well it's the only one I remember clearly so it stands out to me for some reason.

I kind of remember the Signals portraits...those weird colored ones.

And that one with Geddy's knee bent...with Neil's handlebar mustache...a somewhat Victorian looking photo...from AFTK I think? Or maybe Hemispheres.

And I guess the RTB and Presto ones with Geddy's ponytail...and Alex looking all stern...I recall the Presto and RTB photos being almost the same...

I guess because I grew up listening to the LPs and looking at the covers as part of the whole experience, I tend to remember the pictures more - although I admit that I mixed up the Hemispheres and Kings photos. The one you're thinking of is definitely the Kings shot.

AFTK portrait kicks ass. Geddy looks really f*ckin cool, love the shoes. Power Windows and Hold Your Fire are cool as well

Lee's got a serious teased-out lid goin' on in the Power Windows shot.

AFTK portrait kicks ass. Geddy looks really f*ckin cool, love the shoes.

Yeah it's pretty good. Looks like it could've been taken 200 years ago (minus the watch and sneakers)

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/images/albums/afarewelltokings-1-s.jpg

Edited by savagegrace26
  • Like 3

My "perm era" coincided with Geds coonskin era and looking back it wasn't pretty either... :scared: :D

Pics please

I don't find Rush a very good looking band. The best images Rush hage put out are the ones that they don't feature in.

But saying that I love the Spinal Tap style portrait of 2112!

• Like 1

Worst is anything with Neil and that disgusting mustache.

That mustache had a life of its own. It should be in the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame behind glass. :LOL:

• Like 1