Looking to purchase a ukelele

Ya_Big_Tree

Does anyone play the ukelele that could offer me some pointers on what to look for?

I think I've found the one I want... it kinda chose me in a way. But I haven't bought it yet so any advice would be welcome.

:)

Ask this dude for some advice. (Thanks to Steevo for the link!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VznAYy5yL2A

Oh man i posted that on my FB the other day cause it's just too awesome for words!! :haz:

I hope to one day be that good and HELL YA I wanna rock the f**k out on my uke!!!

• Like 1

I'd say that looks pretty good. The electronics are by Fishman, and they are good.

Ya its a lil more than I was thinking of spending but after playing it in the store and seeing all the potential it has with the pick ups and all I think I'm going to take the plunge and get it.

Fishman are good... been doing research and having that already installed is a hell of a lot cheaper then getting it done later. Not a cheaply made product which is what I'm in the market for. I don't want a piece of crap that's going to be out of tune so much or not have as full of sound that this baby does.

I'd say that looks pretty good. The electronics are by Fishman, and they are good.

Ya its a lil more than I was thinking of spending but after playing it in the store and seeing all the potential it has with the pick ups and all I think I'm going to take the plunge and get it.

Fishman are good... been doing research and having that already installed is a hell of a lot cheaper then getting it done later. Not a cheaply made product which is what I'm in the market for. I don't want a piece of crap that's going to be out of tune so much or not have as full of sound that this baby does.

You're being smart by not going cheap for your first one. Higher quality instruments feel better, play better, and sound better. All of that means you will be more motivated to play. Plus, with the electronics, you are giving yourself room to expand.

• Like 1

You're being smart by not going cheap for your first one. Higher quality instruments feel better, play better, and sound better. All of that means you will be more motivated to play. Plus, with the electronics, you are giving yourself room to expand.

Ya exactly. i was mucking around with the cheaper ones in the shop and they didn't feel right to me. I saw the concert sized one and started playing it and immediately I fell in love. The sales clerk told me he'd give me a deal to do it on layaway so in a few weeks it's mine :)

• Like 1

I record a guy who plays uke. I'll see what he has to say. He has a few of them.
  • Like 1

My buddy has a couple by Kala but he says Luna and Lanikai make some nice ones as well. His Kala that I've seen is nice and can be heard in this commercial:

Oh, I forgot to mention he said the Lanikais are more pricey.