Scallops

I made scallops one night for this old GF of mine… I made them with a simple maple / honey glaze. After she ate them she told I was getting the best blow job of my life that night…

So, after we ate, we started watching a movie and… wait for it… I fell asleep. And so did she, goddam it!

If I was a smarter man, I would have popped the in movie after I received the “best blow job of my life.”

Yeah you got what you deserved. I don't know any other man that would be promised... what she promised you... and then decide to watch a movie first. :rage:

• Like 2

I'm allergic to seafood. :(

I was too at one point, but not too severe. Shrimp made my throat itch... I either grew out of it or by slowly eating some, a little at a time, I built up an immunity

Thank God I'm not allergic to any food. I love to eat. I couldn't imagine not being able to eat something that I enjoyed.

When I was younger I hated fruits and vegetables and some of the only things I'd tolerate well were avocados and cucumbers. Well, after I really started to like them and eat them in larger quantities I'd start having a reaction. My mouth would itch, my lips would swell, I even got a little wheezy but I was like "Up yours body, I am going to feed you these things and you're going to like them..." After awhile the reactions went away and I now eat those foods all of the time.

Gangster>>>>>> Yeah you got what you deserved. I don't know any other man that would be promised... what she promised you... and then decide to watch a movie first. :rage:

Good point, Gangst’ old buddy, but I think her tummy was already full from eating dinner. She needed a little time to let her food digest to make room for the… um… ya know.

• Like 1

I LOVE THEM!

What do you think?

Get DRY PACKED scallops, NOT processed. Man processed scallops suck, you cannot sear them because they are soaked in salt water.

Dry packed scallops, washed and placed between sheets of paper towel with a little weight on top will get them ready. Let them sit for at least a half hour like this.

Get the pan hot, with just a spray of oil, sprinkle salt seconds before tossing on. Salt the top (kosher or sea) and place that side down. Let cook until golden brown (like 2 minutes) and sprinkle tops with more salt and flip. Cook another 2 minutes.

Damn they are good.

Not exactly sure what you mean by dry packed? Processed?

http://www.cookthink...packed_scallops

Dry-packed scallops are scallops that are shucked, packed up and shipped on ice without chemical additives.

They taste better than wet-packed (processed) scallops, which are soaked in water and sodium tripolyphosphate, meaning the scallop becomes bloated with water and food additives, resulting in a duller flavor.

Scallops with too much moisture are also less successful in the pan, since excess water seeps out, preventing a flavorful crust from forming on the outside of the scallop as it cooks.

Dry-packed scallops may also have a stickier texture and a slightly more pronounced smell, which is nothing to worry about. They cost more, but have a naturally sweeter taste.

Thanks. This is the type I buy. Ice packed and displayed on ice.

I like to be able to point to the ones I want to buy.

Edited by John V

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8116/8685828335_d1d841fc2f.jpg

Risotto with mushrooms and scallops. One of the best dinners I've made.

Edit: But the risotto wouldn't have hurt from getting 5-10 minutes more.

Edited by The Analog Grownup
  • Like 1

Whoa… looks wicked! Scallops look SO good!

You wouldn’t marry me by any chance, would ya????????

Whoa… looks wicked! Scallops look SO good!

You wouldn’t marry me by any chance, would ya????????

You do know you're asking another male to marry you, don't you..! :P

I LOVE THEM!

What do you think?

Get DRY PACKED scallops, NOT processed. Man processed scallops suck, you cannot sear them because they are soaked in salt water.

Dry packed scallops, washed and placed between sheets of paper towel with a little weight on top will get them ready. Let them sit for at least a half hour like this.

Get the pan hot, with just a spray of oil, sprinkle salt seconds before tossing on. Salt the top (kosher or sea) and place that side down. Let cook until golden brown (like 2 minutes) and sprinkle tops with more salt and flip. Cook another 2 minutes.

Damn they are good.

Like most seafood.........................love em.

Skewer them and wrap them in bacon and grill them.

Just seared in a pan like you describe is good also.

Lots of ways to make them.

Yep,

Bacon is the way to go! :dweez:

Soooooo gross.

Soooooo gross.

:o WTF? :P

I'm kidding, I was punchy last night.