I'm missing something- iTunes Sync question

Blue J

I've been able to sync both of the iPads we have to our iTunes account, so that anything that I've ever purchased on iTunes can be loaded onto the iPads. But shouldn't I also be able to do that between my iMac and my MacBook?

The disc drive on my laptop is shot, and I'd like to be able to send purchases I made on the laptop to the desktop, so I can make a couple of CDs for friends, if I want to. But I haven't been able to figure it out. What am I missing?

Purchases should all be in your main library. You should be able to select what songs, artists etc. that you want to load onto your other devices.

Last I checked iTunes won't let you transfer music from iDevice to laptop/desktop regardless of operating system, only the other way around. By default your purchased items and songs imported from CD using iTunes are stored in <musicfolder>\iTunes. You can just copy that folder to a flash drive and move it to a computer with a working disc drive, import the files from there and do your burning.

True- but the only purchases that we've ever made from the tablets are things that my kids wanted, and I don't need those...I did figure it out, though, so I'm happy now. I did a software upgrade, and it worked out.

Thanks!