2011 - 04/05 - Louisville, KY

BBC was one of my first thoughts but it is actully about 6 blocks away on east Main. Fourth St. Live is closer and there are a couple nice places there.

We have a few months to come to a consensus so lets leave it open for now.

It is always nice to see a HOMETOWN show instead of driving to St. Louis or Columbus, OH like I did this last summer. I live in Clarksville and work near the river in Jeffersonville.

I am usually posting over at RushTour Forum but it is nice to know there are some other Louisville fans here.

I hope to get to meet each of you in April.

Presale packages today are $297 per seat BEFORE Ticketbastard charges!

WTF?

Not paying that much unless FRONT row is available.

Gonna wait for the regular sale and take my chances.

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Dec 7 2010, 11:05 AM)
Presale packages today are $297 per seat BEFORE Ticketbastard charges!

WTF?

Not paying that much unless FRONT row is available.

Gonna wait for the regular sale and take my chances.

Uh...holy crap! I just checked Ticketfucker and that is crazy. No way I'll pay that for any show anywhere by anybody.

On a side note, 4th Street Live would make sense for a meetup.

Meet up place.

It seems I was wrong. There is a Bluegrass Brewing Company diagnally across from the YUM center at 3rd and Main.

I would suggest that this would be a great place to meet up and introduce our out of town friends to some Louisville brews.

SEATING LOCATIONS.

Found a seat in Row P on the regular sale this morning!

eBay has a 2nd row ticket for $500 right now.

I would pay that if I had that kind of money to spend right now and was willing to go without electricity, gas, food, etc.

Paid $112 for my Row T and am happy.

SOme observations on the YUM!

Went to the YUM! for the first time last evening for my daughter's graduation ceremony. University of Louisville had commencement for 700 last evening. She got Bachelor's in Biology.

The YUM! has some stupid access to the seats. If you are going, the aisle/walkway at the top of the first teir of the "bowl" has very limited access. There are only a few narrow tunnels leading to this walkway and the walkway itself is very narrow.

The upper bowl seats are scary as the access aisles seem to be nearly vertical. I am certain that a couple drinks will make them dangerous. They are NOT a good choice for a concert.

I saw the video screens scattered throughout the concourse flash the RUSH/TIME MACHINE ad numerous times!

Hope you are all thawing out and have a great holiday

QUOTE (Nim2 @ Dec 11 2010, 10:41 AM)
Meet up place.

It seems I was wrong. There is a Bluegrass Brewing Company diagnally across from the YUM center at 3rd and Main.

I would suggest that this would be a great place to meet up and introduce our out of town friends to some Louisville brews.

SEATING LOCATIONS.

Found a seat in Row P on the regular sale this morning!

The BBC at that location does not serve food, just drinks.

May need another spot.

Maybe back at 4th Street Live. There is a Hard Rock and other nice places we can consider.

Need to sell one ticket.

Row T, FLoor, Geddy side.

Looking for a good Rush fan wanting a decent seat.

$130

All I really want is my money back, I have a better seat and don't need this one.

QUOTE (Kid_Gloves @ Mar 29 2011, 08:43 PM)
So...time and place?

I will likely be there around 3-4.

Bluegrass Brewing Company is nice and has our local brews.

It is diagnonally across the intersection from the YUM center in a southwest direction.

Let's just say that is out official spot for now.

I had the bison burger there also. Good food, good beer,good people and RUSH. What more do ya need?

My first search on the internet said they only served drinks but further investigation showed they have a full(bar themed) menu and I corrected my first post about this above.

I was there as well Tuesday upstairs at the bar. Met up with a forum friend who drove to town form Lafayette, Indiana.

Great show.

Archived