The Rush Comic Books You Didn't Know About...

Jag2112

Many of you are aware of the Rush Comic Book that came out around the time when Counterparts was about to be released.

It was issued by "Rock and Roll" comics both in the United States and Canada. That comic book looked back at the history of Rush from its inception through the release of "Roll the Bones". A comic-book bio of sorts, if you will.

For those of you who have not heard - or seen - this comic book, it's now online at the Rush Tribute Site @ Cygnus-X1 (click HERE to view it).

But that comic book is relatively well know around the Rush fan community.

However, did you know that back in 1979 and 1980, the British-only release of the Marvel comic book series known as "Apocalypse" included a comic-book representation of Cygnus-X1 Book 1 and Book 2?

That's right - "The Voyage" and "Hemispheres" were graphically represented in comic-book form and are now available as another exclusive at the Rush Tribute at Cygnus-X1.Net

Click on either of the links below to see these truly rare pieces of Rush paraphernalia.

Rush Comic Book: Cygnus-X1 Book 1: The Voyage

Rush Comic Book: Cygnus-X1 Book 2: Hemispheres

Enjoy...

-John

Wow...these are awesome! Thank you SO much for sharing, John!

smile.gif

GG

OH MY...MY EYES HURT!! But well worth it...Just 3 things that didn't click to me!

1) It said that Alex doesn't play on 'Losing It'...But I am almost 100% sure he does.

2) Alex and Ged wore cowboy hats during the recording of Force Ten (hilarious!).

3) It says there is a video for 'Dreamline'. Isn't 'Roll the Bones' the only video they made off the album?

Neato frito, el bandito! Wow that was lame.....

I'm glad everyone enjoyed these comics...

I'm trying to obtain some additional information on the author/illustrator of the comics... If/when I uncover that data, I'll be sure to share it here.

Archived