Waxing...

Ya_Big_Tree

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 15 2010, 10:16 PM)
Why did I kill a morning reading every response to this thread?

Huh. Why not just remove the genes responsible for bodily hair growth, or fill your pores with hyper-fine resin to prevent the need to rip hot wax off of your skin?

Astro - I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're a guy? (Apologies if I am wrong - I didn't check the profile).

Most guys I know prefer women who remove at least the leg and armpit hair, sometimes more. Are you one of those who doesn't give a toss if your GF or wife doesn't bother? If so, you are indeed a rare species.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 15 2010, 09:51 PM)

Huh. Why not just remove the genes responsible for bodily hair growth, or fill your pores with hyper-fine resin to prevent the need to rip hot wax off of your skin?

Astro - I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're a guy? (Apologies if I am wrong - I didn't check the profile).

Most guys I know prefer women who remove at least the leg and armpit hair, sometimes more. Are you one of those who doesn't give a toss if your GF or wife doesn't bother? If so, you are indeed a rare species.

Yup, I'm a dude, although still in high school, and yet to have a GF.

Any kind of cosmetic self-alteration that's not a health or safety issue seems trivial considering that the means to preform said alterations did not exist until recent history. I doubt that much hair control went on in ancient cultures like Greece or Feudal Japan, but there are still instances of people being known as beautiful.

Sometime in the future it may be normal to bleach all pigmentation out of one's skin, or permanently stretch one's retinas to cover the entire surface of the whites. Whatever float's a time period's boat.

Ah, but see thanks to evolution, progress & technology, excess body hair is no longer a health of safety requirement. Most of us don't live in tents made of animal hide in snowy climates. And body hair has since been proven to provide an ideal environment for unhealthy things. Edited by TheBlonde

QUOTE (Astromancer @ Jul 17 2010, 12:41 AM)

Any kind of cosmetic self-alteration that's not a health or safety issue seems trivial considering that the means to preform said alterations did not exist until recent history. I doubt that much hair control went on in ancient cultures like Greece or Feudal Japan, but there are still instances of people being known as beautiful.

Sometime in the future it may be normal to bleach all pigmentation out of one's skin, or permanently stretch one's retinas to cover the entire surface of the whites. Whatever float's a time period's boat.

Your opinions in the second and third paragraphs might change after you fix what you wrote about in the first. wink.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2010, 12:26 PM)

Your opinions in the second and third paragraphs might change after you fix what you wrote about in the first. wink.gif

I thought the same thing when I read that!

I'll never forget what a friend told about going to bed with a chick who didn't shave. He'd been stationed in Germany in the Army and hooked up with one of the locals. Said it was like sacking out with a llama.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 19 2010, 11:40 AM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jul 19 2010, 12:26 PM)

I thought the same thing when I read that!

I'll never forget what a friend told about going to bed with a chick who didn't shave. He'd been stationed in Germany in the Army and hooked up with one of the locals. Said it was like sacking out with a llama.

rofl3.gif

I call the winter my Yeti months. The legs and underarms get seriously neglected. The other under parts NEVER, though.

Some women are either totally and completely clueless about their massive body hair or they just don't care. I'm talking more body hair than a man. A friend of a friend has the thickest arm hair I have ever seen on anybody.

This reminds me... there's this gal at a Starbucks I go to all the time and she has the lowest voice I have ever heard. It's on the same level as that "ba-oom papa oom papa oom papa mow mow" singer guy in the Oak Ridge Boys.

Oh, and ladies? Especially black ladies, because at least in my part of the world, they seem to be the ones most guilty of this crime:

Wearing panty hose does not, I repeat NOT, hide the fact that you have not picked up a razor since St. Swithen's Day. No. It doesn't. All it does is create little micro hair balls beneath the fabric of the hose. If anything, it draws attention to your neglect.