MaCallan 12 vs. 18

bruggy66

i have had the 12 a lot. the 18 only once. i really do not remember such a big diff except in the price

The Macallan 12 is very good. The 18 is sublime! The 18 is richer and extremely smooth from start to finish. Is the 18 worth 5X the price of the 12 year? Well, I guess if you have the money it is. Personally, I buy about 3-4 bottles of scotch a month and usually will spend under $60 a bottle, so the 18 is way out of my league.

Maybe thats why Neil drinks the 12 year rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Gov @ Dec 20 2008, 11:51 AM)
The Macallan 12 is very good. The 18 is sublime! The 18 is richer and extremely smooth from start to finish. Is the 18 worth 5X the price of the 12 year? Well, I guess if you have the money it is. Personally, I buy about 3-4 bottles of scotch a month and usually will spend under $60 a bottle, so the 18 is way out of my league.
Maybe thats why Neil drinks the 12 year rofl3.gif

I wish you were my neighbor smile.gif trink39.gif

I like the 12 and have tried the 18 once. To my tongue, the 18 was very good. I have considered buying a bottle, but cannot justify the cost - I may save up and do it yet, though. If you do buy a bottle, please do post your impressions and whether you feel it is substantially better than the 12.

I am by no means a connoisseur, but I also really like the Glenifddich 15 year old Solera Reserve if you are simply looking to try something new.

Slainte!

Yes the 'Fiddich Solara is very tasty and can be had at reasonable prices. I will also recommend The Macallan 15 fine oak. Its more than the 12 year, but very nice and worth the price.