Nicknames of the Band Members

The Notorious B.S.G.

Who's this Lerxst guy? Who's Dirk?

Ok the nicknames we have so far, as well as the birth names:

Alex Lifeson

Birth name: Alex Zivojinovich (His last name, which is Yugoslavian, roughly translates as "Son of Life", hence, his professional name.)

Nicknames: Lerxst, Snow-Dog, Stan Getz (from "Rush in Rio")

Geddy Lee

Birth name: Gary Lee Weinrib

"Geddy" originates from the pronunciation of his first name by his Yiddish, Polish mother (some accounts attribute this pronunciation to his Grandmother).

Nickname: Dirk, By-Tor, That Guy From Ipanema (from "Rush in Rio")

Neil Peart

Birth name: Neil Peart (last name pronounced to rhyme with "beer-t", not "Pert" as in the name of the shampoo.)

Nicknames: The Professor, Pratt, Milton Banana (from "Rush in Rio")

http://www.allbrazilianmusic.com/en/artist...&Nu_Artista=401

BSG...I hate to point this out, but I BELIEVE that my dear one's Rush In Rio nickname was actually Milton BANANA.... common001.gif

BTW...thanks for the present---I got it in the mail today. applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 23 2004, 12:52 PM)
BSG...I hate to point this out, but I BELIEVE that my dear one's Rush In Rio nickname was actually Milton BANANA....

You are correct!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 23 2004, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 23 2004, 12:52 PM)
BSG...I hate to point this out, but I BELIEVE that my dear one's Rush In Rio nickname was actually Milton BANANA....

You are correct!

DING DING DING!!!!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Aug 23 2004, 01:04 PM)
Ok, but I was right about the spelling of Stan Getz. biggrin.gif

pokey.gif

Ouch!

QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 24 2004, 08:04 AM)
What about during the VT tour and during one of Alex's rants, he introduces the drummer as 'that guy' and playing bass, 'that other guy'.

Funny.

rofl3.gif He is hill.. hilllareee.. funny!!! I read some where else, that he was going on a rant, and said "well shiver me timbers! blow me.... down!" Would have loved to hear that!!! nasty.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (Relaxed_Jack @ Aug 24 2004, 08:04 AM)
What about during the VT tour and during one of Alex's rants, he introduces the drummer as 'that guy' and playing bass, 'that other guy'.

Funny.

rofl3.gif He is hill.. hilllareee.. funny!!! I read some where else, that he was going on a rant, and said "well shiver me timbers! blow me.... down!" Would have loved to hear that!!! nasty.gif

All of his rants from the Vapor Trails tour are on a bootleg set (3 discs) called "Lerxst in Strangiato" (See boot traders section)... Some are very hard to hear tho... If you would like to hear them, I could set up ftp for you to grab them so you can hear 'em biggrin.gif

On the 'Counterparts' dvd Al intros Geddy as Ted Nugent, Neil as Sparky Anderson, and himself as Lee Iacocca.

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 04:44 PM)
RR, how do you do that?? Do I just go to a site and then listen?? That would be cool... 1022.gif yes.gif

Basically, yes... I will PM you tonight around 9pm EST (busy til then and not at home where the CD's and FTP server are right now) and give you an addy to download them from with instructions... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Aug 25 2004, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 04:44 PM)
RR, how do you do that?? Do I just go to a site and then listen?? That would be cool... 1022.gif  yes.gif

Basically, yes... I will PM you tonight around 9pm EST (busy til then and not at home where the CD's and FTP server are right now) and give you an addy to download them from with instructions... biggrin.gif

What a guy.... wub.gif

applaudit.gif

Let's not forget the Counterparts tour where Lerxst introduced the guys (and himself) as someone different almost every night. Among others were:

Bill Clinton (both Neil and Ged)

Zsa Zsa Gabor "hope yer not a cop. She might punch you" (Ged)

Bob Barker (sp?) "don't forget to spay yer cats and dogs" (Neil)

And of course ".....The fabulous. the wonderful, the amazing Fabiooooooo". (Guess)

rofl3.gif

That guy kills me.

Archived