2007 - 07/02 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Analog Kelly

Analog Kelly

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • Interests:Books, Coffee, Baseball and Rush of course .....

Shows attended: 4/4/86, 12/9/87, 4/22/90, 3/15/92, 6/20/92, 4/23/94, 12/14/96, 7/15/02, 8/11/04, 7/2/07, 9/17/07

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

Just got back from the show ....it was magic  2.gif

Totally loved it - The planets were in alignment and every song was amazing.

I think Neil even smiled a couple of times  laugh.gif

Sponsored Post

#22 Necromancer

Necromancer

Will caption for food

• Members *
  • 17939 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

What a beautiful place Jones Beach is.  I really loved it.  We had awesome seats in the orchestra pit, Alex's side.  They were really tight.  I don't think the sound was anywhere near as good as it is in Scranton though.  But being so close, I got to really watch them and see their expressions and pick up on things I definitely missed at Scranton.  As far as the show went, again, I'm not the guy that will ever criticize 2.gif  I thought they were fantastic as always.  

The partying:  None of the people from this board, that I know, was going.  So I was kinda stuck in Queens without any idea how we were getting there.  So I contacted Singularity, who primarily posts on another board, and CeeJ and I hooked up with him and we took the LIRR to Hicksville, where we met up with TLC and she drove us all to Jones Beach.  

I've told you all about how growing up I was the only 2.gif fan that I knew, so meeting up with all these 2.gif fans and getting to know them and have such great times with everyone is one of the absolute best experiences of my life.  When we got to the venue, we found some friends of theirs from RT that I know a little bit and they opened up their party to us like we were "long awaited friends".  I know we all love Neil's lyrics, but I'm glad that 2.gif FANS don't take THAT particular lyric to heart.  They took us in and made us feel right at home and we had a ball.  1022.gif  

We are in mid-vacation and will post the pictures from this show later.  Today we need some long overdue recovery.  

trink39.gif  

#23 owlswing

owlswing

Pags' Better Half

• Members *
  • 5279 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, decorating our home, reading and most of all being with my family.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 3 2007, 11:30 AM)
What a beautiful place Jones Beach is.  I really loved it.  We had awesome seats in the orchestra pit, Alex's side.  They were really tight.  I don't think the sound was anywhere near as good as it is in Scranton though.  But being so close, I got to really watch them and see their expressions and pick up on things I definitely missed at Scranton.  As far as the show went, again, I'm not the guy that will ever criticize 2.gif  I thought they were fantastic as always. 

The partying:  None of the people from this board, that I know, was going.  So I was kinda stuck in Queens without any idea how we were getting there.  So I contacted Singularity, who primarily posts on another board, and CeeJ and I hooked up with him and we took the LIRR to Hicksville, where we met up with TLC and she drove us all to Jones Beach. 

I've told you all about how growing up I was the only 2.gif fan that I knew, so meeting up with all these 2.gif fans and getting to know them and have such great times with everyone is one of the absolute best experiences of my life.  When we got to the venue, we found some friends of theirs from RT that I know a little bit and they opened up their party to us like we were "long awaited friends".  I know we all love Neil's lyrics, but I'm glad that 2.gif FANS don't take THAT particular lyric to heart.  They took us in and made us feel right at home and we had a ball.  1022.gif 

We are in mid-vacation and will post the pictures from this show later.  Today we need some long overdue recovery. 

trink39.gif

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show. Sounds like you met some awesome folks!

See you soon in the mean time hope your going to be doing a lot of this today...user posted image

#24 MrMiltonBanana

MrMiltonBanana

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2869 posts
  • Interests:Gilbert & Sullivan

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:30 PM

It was an amazing show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users