Recorded this just for kicks.

_pete_

I was messing around with this old tune and decided to go ahead and record it today. I couldn't find a decent backing track so I put the studio track on the right side and me on the left.

It's a little sloppy in spots cause I didn't put a lot of time into relearning it. I used to play this alot twenty years ago and was suprised that most of it came back fairly easy.

Working Man

I recorded it with an Epiphone Sheraton II with a Seymour Duncan Seth Lover pickups. The amp is a Hughes & Kettner zenTera on a Marshall 100W Plexi setting recorded direct out from the amp.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/pete2112/My%20Guitars/Sheraton1.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h247/pete2112/My%20Guitars/FullRig2.jpg

Wow thanks guys!

I need to polish this one up and try to talk the guys into doing this song. I think it would be a great encore.

I think a low output PAF pickup like the Seth Lover is key to Alex's early sound. This guitar really nails the pre-Moving Pictures sounds.

It sounds better with the amp cranked up. That was done at a very low bedroom volume (with too much reverb!).

Edited by _pete_

QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Dec 28 2006, 05:21 PM)
Looks like you've changed out the original bridge on the guitar too.  What's up with that?  Now I have GAS for a semi hollow body.  Thanks. angry.gif

No that's the original bridge. The Sheratons have a different bridge than any of the other Epi and Gibson semi hollows.

When I bought it it did have a Bigsby that I replaced with a Gibson TP-6 fine tuning tailpiece. The 2 small screws are leftover from the Bigsby.

I also changed the tuners on it today because one was stripped a little bit. This guitar is 11 years old and has a lot of miles on it.

If you do decide to get a semi hollow I highly reccomend these. They are very, very close to a 335 and can be had for under $500 easily.

Edited by _pete_

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Dec 28 2006, 11:28 PM)
QUOTE (rushfanNlv @ Dec 28 2006, 05:21 PM)
Looks like you've changed out the original bridge on the guitar too.  What's up with that?  Now I have GAS for a semi hollow body.  Thanks. angry.gif

No that's the original bridge. The Sheratons have a different bridge than any of the other Epi and Gibson semi hollows.

When I bought it it did have a Bigsby that I replaced with a Gibson TP-6 fine tuning tailpiece. The 2 small screws are leftover from the Bigsby.

I also changed the tuners on it today because one was stripped a little bit. This guitar is 11 years old and has a lot of miles on it.

If you do decide to get a semi hollow I highly reccomend these. They are very, very close to a 335 and can be had for under $500 easily.

and the BB King Epiphone model is great too.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Dec 28 2006, 06:26 PM)
Hey Pete, that's the tone man! You've nailed it.

Thanks!

It's actually the settings that I use for Bastille Day but it sounds pretty close on this one too. I had the volume low and didn't notice all the reverb until I listened to the recording.

I didn't do any of the usual with this recording. Usually I'll eq it, add a touch of compression, and do some punch ins to fix the mistakes but this is just one raw take.