Least favorite song?

yyz

I've actually found that a lot of my unhappiness with Rush's output come not from the song itself, but from the production. For example, I'm not a big fan of Signals as I think the production is muddy and flat. However, you get them playing the songs live and they're awesome.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never cared for You Bet Your Life either. It's just so nerdy sounding.

Test For Echo, as a whole, is so flat. I tend to not think so much of production as how the music makes me feel. And Test For Echo is the Stepford Wife of Rush albums - unfeeling and just has no soul.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 28 2004, 11:00 AM)

Test For Echo, as a whole, is so flat. I tend to not think so much of production as how the music makes me feel. And Test For Echo is the Stepford Wife of Rush albums - unfeeling and just has no soul.

I concur

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Nov 28 2004, 10:17 AM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 28 2004, 11:00 AM)

I concur

biggrin.gif

I concur with that as well biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 28 2004, 03:28 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Nov 28 2004, 03:25 PM)
Test for Echo =  062802puke_prv.gif

You must like "Driven," at least. 1022.gif

Driven and Test For Echo, along with Resist are good. But I just don't like the rest of the album much....and as for Dog Ears --- sorry, Dog Years, well its all been said before in this thread. 062802puke_prv.gif

I really like Test For Echo a lot.

I'd have to pick You Bet Your Life. I've tried to like it but just really can't get into it. Also, I've seen a number of votes for Superconductor and must admit I'm a little surprised. It is different, but it fits so well into the scope of Presto, IMHO. Anyway my 2 cents.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Nov 28 2004, 06:44 PM)
Personally, I think T4E is a great album. While it may not be up there with the likes of Moving Pictures or Roll the Bones, it was a worthy addition to the Rush back catalogue.

Incidentally, I love Dog Years

THANK YOU SLAINE!!! biggrin.gif

To each his own, no worries there. But I love this album, and while I used to think Dog Years was the CD's worst track I've taken a strong liking to it.

My only further comment to any song folks have put in this thread.... Don't write them off. It may be years or more of totally hating a certain song, then unexpectedly you make a connection to it.

I think when Neil started writing lyrics for the TAE album, he was trying to go for a little more comic relief, or some less serious topics to get away from being so pessimist. He wants his lyrics to bring happiness to his listeners. Even though Dog Years don't seem like great lyrics, they're still made creatively!

however, when I listen to Dog Years, I think that the music part of the song was wasted on these lyrics. When you listen to the music, you'd think that it would be something more serious. But no- you get "one sniff of the hydrant, and the answer is automatic!"

It strikes me that the members of Rush must REALLY love dogs! (The signals album cover, the song Dog Years, etc.)

Oh yeah, and the dalmation on the Spirit of Radio album.

QUOTE (Steel Rat @ Dec 3 2004, 10:53 PM)
I think when Neil started writing lyrics for the TAE album, he was trying to go for a little more comic relief, or some less serious topics to get away from being so pessimist. He wants his lyrics to bring happiness to his listeners. Even though Dog Years don't seem like great lyrics, they're still made creatively!

however, when I listen to Dog Years, I think that the music part of the song was wasted on these lyrics. When you listen to the music, you'd think that it would be something more serious. But no- you get "one sniff of the hydrant, and the answer is automatic!"

It strikes me that the members of Rush must REALLY love dogs! (The signals album cover, the song Dog Years, etc.)

At RushCon I, Terry Brown said that they played a trick on him once by painting his dog green.

Archived