Real Rush Fans?

Slacker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 3 2004, 07:17 AM)
I first heard the boys in 1977 on the radio. The station played "Fly By Night/In the Mood" from ATWAS and "that was all she wrote", as the expression goes. I was immediately hooked, and even more floored to learn they were a trio. First album I got was ATWAS, followed by 2112 and then the first 3 records.

My first show was in 1979 on the Semi-spheres PW Warm-Up tour. Then it was 1990 before I saw them again.

I sort of tuned out for a while. Then I came to the realization that of all my musical choices, I kept coming back to these guys.

Then I won "Rush in Rio" from the local radio station, found the Rush message board, got to know some real cool folks 653.gif , and now my life is complete. smile.gif laugh.gif

I saw them twice on the R30 tour (wish it had been more).

My total shows is now 4 (ONLY sad.gif )

NEXT TOUR.................... 1022.gif Watch out for the BSG, coming to a town near you. bsg.gif common001.gif

YOU HAVE TO BE IN VEGAS NEXT TOUR BSG!!! We will start a "help BSG get to Vegas" fund if we have to.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 4 2004, 02:08 PM)
QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 4 2004, 01:47 PM)
I remember thinking that "Monsters!" sounded very similar to an episode of Bugs Bunny that I had seen...the one with the funny looking hairy monster with red shoes?

http://www.jenn98.com/bugs/images/bugs-n-gossamer.jpg

BB is my hero. One correction. The monster is red. His shoes are white. laugh.gif

I beieve his name is gossirma.. something to do w/gossip

QUOTE (slacker @ Nov 4 2004, 04:39 PM)
I remember thinking that "Monsters!" sounded very similar to an episode of Bugs Bunny that I had seen...the one with the funny looking hairy monster with red shoes?

BB is my hero. One correction. The monster is red. His shoes are white. laugh.gif

That monster is sweet. I love watching the cartoons with him in them. I have only seen a few, though. I guess they didn't make very many. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Correct me if I'm wrong biggrin.gif

Well ok. For whatever reason today.... he's referred to as Gossamer. Why? I have no idea. He was never called that in any cartoon I've seen. He actually is called Rudolph in the episode with the bald mad scientist.

I know, dammit - I have way too much to say about BB. Don't care. He rocks. The world's ultimate wise ass. cool.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Nov 4 2004, 04:42 PM)
That monster is sweet.  I love watching the cartoons with him in them.  I have only seen a few, though.  I guess they didn't make very many.  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Correct me if I'm wrong  biggrin.gif

I know of only two. The episode names escape me. It's been years, and I'm certainly not a certified expert. I just watched the shit out of them growing up.

The episode where the pic is taken from is where bugs is sleeping in his rabbit hole during a flood. The mattress is carried away in the water and floats by the bald evil scientists castle, who wants BB's brain. Once Bugs tries to take off, he sends the monster, whom he calls Rudolph, after Bugs. "Come Rudolph. There is a rabbit loose in the castle. Return him to me and I will reward you with a Spider Goulash." (or some sh*t like that).

The other episode has a scientist with black hair (I believe), who creates a mechanical female rabbit to lure him into the castle. Once Bugs tries to escape, the monster is called out to get him back. "And so... having re-re-disposed of the monster... exit our hero through the front door stage right."

Way off topic - RUSH RULES. Changed my life. Got me stop watching so much BB. rofl3.gif

rofl3.gif Dude! Paganoman, that so rocks that u posted that! icon_really_happy_guy.gif and yes, i now realize the befuddlement of my Sweet mice nibbled, swiss cheese Memories wink.gif

QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 4 2004, 02:51 PM)
...funny looking hairy monster with red shoes? ( bsg.gif hehe u know i luv ya bsg)...

Yep! I'MA MONSTAH!!!!! bsg.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif thought u might find that amusin' wink.gif hehehe rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 4 2004, 08:56 PM)
rofl3.gif Dude! Paganoman, that so rocks that u posted that! icon_really_happy_guy.gif and yes, i now realize the befuddlement of my Sweet mice nibbled, swiss cheese Memories wink.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 4 2004, 02:45 PM)

Well ok. For whatever reason today.... he's referred to as Gossamer. Why? I have no idea. He was never called that in any cartoon I've seen. He actually is called Rudolph in the episode with the bald mad scientist.

I know, dammit - I have way too much to say about BB. Don't care. He rocks. The world's ultimate wise ass. cool.gif

THAT MONSTER IS RAD!! lol he's my fav...other than bugs bunny lol

Lets see....I guess I listened to Rush on the radio and didn't think much of them then my music teacher who was rad...gave me MP to listen to...I was hooked and from then on I never looked back....people at school now call me the Rush girl...lol....all my English teachers like them! but no one else knows about them...ah well. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Nov 4 2004, 10:35 PM)
all my English teachers like them! but no one else knows about them

I have that same exact problem. My english teacher is a huge Ayn Rand fan (as am I) and naturally I had to ask her about Rush and 2112...

Lets see....I guess I listened to Rush on the radio and didn't think much of them then my music teacher who was rad...gave me MP to listen to...I was hooked and from then on I never looked back....people at school now call me the Rush girl...lol....all my English teachers like them! but no one else knows about them...ah well. 2.gif 1022.gif

There is SO nothing wrong with that!! I was one of the only country chicks in school. Respected like all hell by teachers, but the kids all thought i was weird wacko.gif It's kinda funneh, tho, when i started getting into Rush, I started to become one of the cooler kids....at least in the weird "art clique" circle. lol laugh.gif

QUOTE (kazzman @ Nov 4 2004, 08:43 PM)
all my English teachers like them!  but no one else knows about them

I have that same exact problem. My english teacher is a huge Ayn Rand fan (as am I) and naturally I had to ask her about Rush and 2112...

I'm reading The Fountain Head right now! good book!

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Nov 4 2004, 10:15 PM)
Lets see....I guess I listened to Rush on the radio and didn't think much of them then my music teacher who was rad...gave me MP to listen to...I was hooked and from then on I never looked back....people at school now call me the Rush girl...lol....all my English teachers like them!  but no one else knows about them...ah well.  2.gif  1022.gif

There is SO nothing wrong with that!! I was one of the only country chicks in school. Respected like all hell by teachers, but the kids all thought i was weird wacko.gif It's kinda funneh, tho, when i started getting into Rush, I started to become one of the cooler kids....at least in the weird "art clique" circle. lol laugh.gif

Yea I guess so eh'? Thats cool tho....country is ok...I actaully don't mind country.....during The Stampede in calgary thats all I listen to to get into the cowboy mood! lol too bad it's only for like 2 weeks....not even! Yea I mainly listen to Rush related stuff as well.....my parents think im an old soul...lol

RUSH is awesome! 2.gif

My brother played The Trees for me, Spring '79. I became an instant fan. I tried turning my Kiss-loving friends on to them: "The song's about the minority vs. the majority! Don't you get it?" The extent of their philosophies didn't go beyond Love Gun.

Bro also took me to my first Rush concert, Signals.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Nov 4 2004, 04:26 PM)
QUOTE (BSG @ Nov 3 2004, 07:17 AM)
I first heard the boys in 1977 on the radio. The station played "Fly By Night/In the Mood" from ATWAS and "that was all she wrote", as the expression goes. I was immediately hooked, and even more floored to learn they were a trio. First album I got was ATWAS, followed by 2112 and then the first 3 records.

My first show was in 1979 on the Semi-spheres PW Warm-Up tour. Then it was 1990 before I saw them again.

I sort of tuned out for a while. Then I came to the realization that of all my musical choices, I kept coming back to these guys.

Then I won "Rush in Rio" from the local radio station, found the Rush message board, got to know some real cool folks  653.gif , and now my life is complete.  smile.gif  laugh.gif

I saw them twice on the R30 tour (wish it had been more).

My total shows is now 4 (ONLY  sad.gif

NEXT TOUR....................  1022.gif  Watch out for the BSG, coming to a town near you.  bsg.gif  common001.gif

YOU HAVE TO BE IN VEGAS NEXT TOUR BSG!!! We will start a "help BSG get to Vegas" fund if we have to.

laugh.gif

Earth! My MAN! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I'll be there, come hell or high water! yes.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Nov 3 2004, 09:42 AM)

My first introduction to Rush was at the local roller skating rink in 1981. Shut up.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I won't say nuthin cause it's too easy.

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I had a stunted childhood.

Left home at 16.

Local boy introduces me to Rush, Stones, Max Webster, Alice Cooper etc.

Go to Rush concert with local boy.

Hooked on Rush.

Ditch local boy.

Have two awesome kids.

15 years later they are Rush fans.

It's a circle, man. The circle of Rush. cool10.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 6 2004, 06:27 PM)
Left home at 16.
Hooked on Rush.
Ditch local boy.
Have two awesome kids.

yes.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (dweezil @ Nov 6 2004, 04:27 PM)
Left home at 16.
Hooked on Rush.
Ditch local boy.
Have two awesome kids.

smile.gif

Never stop rockin'.

Was introduced to Rush with the release of Permanent Waves. Completely and totally blown away and have been ever since. I was a Led Zeppelin, Beatles and Who junkie at the time.

Archived