The Orbit Room

Alsgalpal

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 03:39 PM)
Ok, so who has been??? I want to hear stories, because I am planning a trip. BTW, this is my first post. Hi everyone! 2.gif

I want to go so bad! Next time I am up there, I am GOING!

Apparently it is a small place, and Alex does make appearances there once in a while. Justin used to work there (Alex's son)... They have a website: http://www.echoesofoldapplause.com/orbit.htm Some people have gone - hope they share their stories!!

WELCOME!!!! 2.gif

trink38.gif

trink39.gif Ohhh,yes!! I have already seen that link... When are the boys done touring?? I know that Rushcon was last weekend, did anyone go? I really missed them when they came to Clark county amphitheater. I was so bummed... Someone please cheer me up...

She Who Must Be Obeyed once went to Toronto on a business trip and stopped by the Orbit Room one afternoon (at my request) to get a t-shirt for me. They didn't sell them at the time (and still may not, for all I know), so she asked if she could have a menu or business card to bring me. The guy said they didn't have anything like that and asked if I was a big Rush fan. SWMBO said yes, the guy smiled and said they got that a lot. Then he said that if she gave them our home address, they would send me something. She did so, and I haven't received diddly. That was 3 years ago.

Welcome aboard, AGP!

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 03:47 PM)
trink39.gif Ohhh,yes!! I have already seen that link... When are the boys done touring?? I know that Rushcon was last weekend, did anyone go? I really missed them when they came to Clark county amphitheater. I was so bummed... Someone please cheer me up...

They are now starting their Europe part of the tour (last leg). Vaportours and Pheonix (both members here) are going to the shows there. I went to 6 this tour: Columbus, Cleveland (front row center with my friend ES here!), Indy (Also fron center), Nashville, Vegas, and Scranton. I am in post-tour depression mode, but they are going to be working on a new album in January and a tour after the new album, at least that is the word! Hope you stick around here to meet up with us at some shows next tour. Most of us got together at different venues around the country to see them and party together.

huh.gif You went to 6??? blink.gif Not fair... I was invited to a horse show that was right by the Clark County theater, and I didn't get to go, I could have sat in the show barn and heard them play.... Not the same as watching too, but I will take them anyway I can get them... When are they done touring? I was thinking of taking a holiday in November to Toronto, I have a friend there too.. If I don't happen to run into anyone of interest at the Orbit room, I can then say that I went... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (vaportours @ Aug 25 2004, 05:01 PM)
Been there!!

Ok, I can tell you like to make us beg??? sarcasm.gif So... How was it???

TELL TELL TELL TELL!!!!!!!!!!! Or I will have to get phsycotic!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Aug 25 2004, 02:39 PM)
Ok, so who has been??? I want to hear stories, because I am planning a trip.  BTW, this is my first post.  Hi everyone! 2.gif

I've been to the Orbit room a couple of times both when Rush is in town and otherwise - cool little place! Never seen live music there though.

Anyway... AGP - is this RILLY your firstest ever post? Holy! Talk about a trip down memory lane... 13 thousand posts later...

In the past three and a half years did you ever manage to visit the Orbit Room?

laugh.gif

I used to live down the street. I went to see a Steely Dan tribute band there, before I knew the Rush connection, Alex own's it or is part owner or something?

Anyway, the crowd was really diverse for a steely Dan tribute band, I remember this hot 20-something girl, with drak eye make-up knowing every word. I thought that was cool...

I've been a few times and acutally, its a bit of a dump.

Good atmosphere though and the live bands I've seen have been pretty good.

Never come across Alex yet though sad.gif

Not even convinced he still owns it. All his pics had gone when I went last year!

Archived