It's A Small World - The Movie

rushgoober

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Following the enormous success of "The Pirates of the Caribbean" film franchise, Hollywood is developing yet another film based on a Disney ride.

An animated version of the popular "It's A Small World" ride is in production with a tentative release date of March, 2008.

The movie will be the debut film from Pixelation Productions, a division of Disney Films.  Tomas Drabin, President of this new division, is in charge of the production.

Drabin recently stated, "We here at Pixelation are proud to be bringing a film version of "It's A Small World" to the screen.  Based on the popular Disney attraction, this will be a a unique movie targeted to children.  The movie will promote peace and understanding between different cultures around the world.  We believe with the tenor of recent world events, the time is right for such a message."

Drabin continued, "When developing the idea for this film, many thought it was a difficult concept to base a movie around, but our writers have crafted an entertaining story that we feel will be of interest to both children and parents around the world."

It's A Small World has been a popular ride at Disneyland since 1964 and Disneyworld since 1968.  Originally conceived by Walt Disney himself in the early 60's, his team of engineers and workmen developed the ride that has been an enduring classic to children and parents ever since.

The familiar "It's A Small World" song is being reworked by Quincy Jones to accompany the movie.  Actors whose voices will be featured in the film include Ellen Degeneres, David Spade, Whoopi Goldberg and Teri Hatcher, among others.

angry.gif

I don't know how anyone else feels, but the It's A Small World song is perhaps the single most evil piece of music of the 20th century - a repetitive melody that is annoying almost to the point of being suicide-inducing. I can't wait to start hearing that song played on commercial trailers to the movie. sarcasm.gif

ph34r.gif

Yes, but by the end of the ride you are always singing it as you leave. laugh.gif

That ride is great after walking around for hours & hours, it's quite long & your feet get a good rest. cool.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Dec 3 2006, 05:23 AM)
Yes, but by the end of the ride you are always singing it as you leave. laugh.gif

That ride is great after walking around for hours & hours, it's quite long & your feet get a good rest. cool.gif

Yes, you're singing it as you leave, and you're singing it as you leave the park, and you're singing it the next morning, and the following week, and sooner or later thoughts of dragging a razor across your wrists becomes more and more attractive. tongue.gif

i wouldn't see any such "movie" *shudder* ...but my daughter loved that ride when we went to disney 2 summers ago... she used up 3 or 4 rolls of film snapping pics of all those ethnic dolls. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (failte @ Dec 5 2006, 12:11 PM)
i wouldn't see any such "movie" *shudder* ...but my daughter loved that ride when we went to disney 2 summers ago... she used up 3 or 4 rolls of film snapping pics of all those ethnic dolls. biggrin.gif

Did you have to burn the song out of your mind with a blowtorch? tongue.gif

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y268/rushgoober/rushgoober3/rushgoober4/Welder.gif

QUOTE (KublaKhan @ Dec 6 2006, 01:04 PM)
Wow....

I'd wish thed tear the damn ride down.

Ive been to disney about 15 times in my life (yes, 15... and i'm only 14). the ride gets annoying.

But, yay for Disney.

Just FYI, there has been some question as to the veracity of this press release. unsure.gif