Dexter

Test4VitalSigns

Anybody ever watch this new show? I believe it's on Showtime in the States. Have to add it to my list of fav TV shows cool.gif

Dexter is a forensics CSI investigator (who specializes in blood spatter). While he work for the Miami police by day, at night he is a serial killer. But with a twist. Dexter only kills people who are killers (and other bad people) who he believes have escaped justice. A vigilante I guess you would say.

The show also deals with him trying to act "normal" in life because he has all the characteristics of a serial killer (for ex. a lack of emotional feelings) yet only reserves to kill those who deserve to die according to him. Sometimes there is a dark comedic feel to the show as he goes thru this. (He narrates the show as well)

Good writing and acting and plotlines ( including an ongoing investigation with a serial killer who seems to know about Dexter and engages in mind games with him).

Dexter is played by Michael C. Hall who Six Feet Under fans know as David Fisher(the gay funeral home director). An excellent actor who handles this role very well.

Only seen the first 5 shows but I really like this show! cool.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 6 2006, 10:22 PM)
Anybody ever watch this new show?  I believe it's on Showtime in the States.  Have to add it to my list of fav TV shows  cool.gif

Dexter is a forensics CSI investigator (who specializes in blood spatter).  While he work for the Miami police by day,  at night he is a serial killer.  But with a twist.  Dexter only kills people who are killers (and other bad people) who he believes  have escaped justice.  A vigilante I guess you would say. 

The show also deals with him trying to act "normal" in life because he has all the characteristics of a serial killer (for ex. a lack of emotional feelings) yet only reserves to kill those who deserve to die according to him.  Sometimes there is a dark comedic feel to the show as he goes thru this. (He narrates the show as well)

Good writing and acting and plotlines ( including an ongoing investigation with a serial killer who seems to know about Dexter and engages in mind games with him).

Dexter is played by Michael C. Hall who Six Feet Under fans know as David Fisher(the gay funeral home director).  An excellent actor who handles this role very well.

Only seen the first 5 shows but I really like this show!  cool.gif

This show is amazing Testy. It has Jodi and I totally hooked. We can't wait for the Tuesday night updates of TMN OnDemand so we can see the next episode.

Edited by Modest Man From Mandrake

QUOTE (goose @ Nov 12 2006, 01:46 AM)
I've only seen one episode, on a free weekend preview. Based on tha epispode alone, the show looks amazing. Great idea, very well done.

Which episode was it? It's best to watch right from the start.

Last episode was a CLOSE call for dexter ohmy.gif I won't spoil it wink.gif

Episode 7 to go tonite..will d/l it for weekend viewing biggrin.gif

Edited by Test4VitalSigns

They were running the episodes the other night. I saw the one where they thought they had caught the ice truck killer, and Dexter was seeing a psychiatrist. This is a brilliant show.

My wife saw the intro and expressed her disgust, asking me how I could watch it. She stayed to watch the whole episode.

Dexter & Weeds are my favorite shows on tv, but I don't have Showtime. Only see them on the freeviews.