Lame idea. Hope this doesn't become a trend.

It probably WILL become a trend (at least briefly) because there are enough people out there that THINK it's a good representation of an artist that is no longer with us or simply unavailable for whatever reason. [sold under the disguise of "homage" or "like he/she was truly there".] I agree that it's shit but technology often seduces people (especially youth).

Holograms have already been used many times in gigs out here in Japan (as Lucas already posted, although jokingly). And the audiences love it. What can I say though? This seems to be a more tech crazy, artificial society anyway. Not meant in any particular negative way. It just is. Example: one of the public urinals I used the other day had a display that measured the pressure and volume of my piss. WTF for?! Tech lust, nothing more.

• Like 1

Best respect I've seen given a fallen artist was at skynyrd in 86/87. During free bird they put a mic stand center stage with one of ronnies hats on the mic. The band played the music, the crowd sang the lyrics.
  • Like 5