2016/17 Football thread

Brucey

Hull 0-2 Chelsea

Did quite well first half, collectively pooped ourselves for whatever reason in the second, couldn't pass the ball to save our lives, it was shockingly bad at times. Thank god that run of games is over with, after the international break they get more winnable on paper.

• Like 2

Hull 0-2 Chelsea

Did quite well first half, collectively pooped ourselves for whatever reason in the second, couldn't pass the ball to save our lives, it was shockingly bad at times. Thank god that run of games is over with, after the international break they get more winnable on paper.

At least every team around you only drew. No gap has opened above you.

• Like 1

Wisla Krakow 3 Wisla Plock 2 This one aged me a couple of years. Zachara with a nice finish, Guzmics with a beautiful header, and it's 2-0 at halftime. Penalty for Plock and 15 minutes later we're tied. The manager decides to play for a draw, but Malecki has other ideas, as he unloads a bomb in added time. Great win, keep it up, boys! :ebert:

At last the fans have something to cheer about.

• Like 1

Cracovia 6 Korona 0 Goals from Szczepaniak, Budzinski, Covilo, Wdowiak and two by Piatek. Budzinski with another long-range blast. I would love to see him in the national uniform. A guy who can create out of nothing is priceless, especially at international level, where scoring is increasingly a struggle for even the best teams. Excellent weekend for soccer in Krakow. :ebert:
  • Like 1

What, no Brendan Rodgers in the frame ? :D

I see some of the " Big Boys" are sniffing around Dembele and Tierney at Celtic.

We lost Foster, Van Dyke and Wanyama in quick succession. That's what pushed us back

when we were just getting going. We are still trying to rebuild that defence.

We must hold on to our better players to have any chance of competing, no matter the profit.

With the thread's impartiality and diversity brought into question, time to

redress the balance a bit further.......

From the Celtic website.....

CELTIC Football Club was delighted to host the final of the UK Asian Football Championships at Celtic Park yesterday (Sunday).

Now in its 18th year, the event was established to promote football for all and to showcase the increasing level of footballing talent within the Asian community.

The group matches this year took place over the weekend at Glasgow Green Football Centre, with teams from all over the UK competing.

London Apsa and Singh Sabha Slough made it to the final with the latter running out winners by a comprehensive 6-1 scoreline.

On a great afternoon at Celtic Park, former Hoops star, Tosh McKinlay kept a close eye on proceedings and was on hand to honour the tournament winners as part of the presentation party.

Celtic Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “We were delighted yet again to be hosting the UK Asian Football Championships, an event which has become a fantastic showcase for young Asian footballing talent.

“We were honoured to be so closely involved in creating the inaugural UK Asian event at Celtic Park so many years ago. It has been very pleasing to see the event become such an important fixture in the annual calendar.

“Celtic has been proud to be a club open to everyone and at all times we aim to promote inclusion, tolerance and diversity, values which will always be part of our club.

“Our founding ethos of openness will always be important to the club and once again we were delighted to welcome members of the Asian community to Celtic Park for what was another excellent sporting occasion.”

• Like 1

What, no Brendan Rodgers in the frame ? :D

I see some of the " Big Boys" are sniffing around Dembele and Tierney at Celtic.

We lost Foster, Van Dyke and Wanyama in quick succession. That's what pushed us back

when we were just getting going. We are still trying to rebuild that defence.

We must hold on to our better players to have any chance of competing, no matter the profit.

Could you potentially lose them in January? Or would that be unlikely, especially if you ended up scraping through your Champions League group?

It's occurred to me that the two keepers battling for Scotland's number one spot are Craig Gordon and David Marshall. Who should be ahead of who? :o

I can confirm that Marshall is still good and is currently playing well, I think that is also the case with Gordon.

I appreciate the fact that Buffon spent that number playing for Italy rather than in a Juventus game. His prime time is probably set in the past, but I still expect many miracles from him.