The 2016-17 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Thread

Crimsonmistymemory

Th kicking situation is getting interesting. he's got to quit worrying about where he was drafted and the expectations and just kick. IMO he needs to work with a sports psychologist ASAP.

Th kicking situation is getting interesting. he's got to quit worrying about where he was drafted and the expectations and just kick. IMO he needs to work with a sports psychologist ASAP.

I was at the Cleveland Prctice/Scrimmage yesterday He missed 3 of 6 and one shank was so bat it appeared to be a tipped ball. He must have something going on upstairs and the fans yesterday probably didn'y help with all the jeering he got. I know I was hearing and yellng "Ray Finkle"references at each miss. and very sarcastic yay's when he did make it. I think the biggest adjustment for him to make is just as you mentioned. Forget about where you were drafted and expectations of being the hero and just kick the ball. I have seen this happen too many times in the past with Bucs top draft picks as I am sure you have too. I did see a great interview with G. McCoy who took it upon himself to go talk to the young man and relive his 1st few years here. Class move if you ask me and if Aguayo needs mentorship there is no one better to look up too than McCoy. Another problem may be the fact in college the kickers can live eat and sleep with the football they kick with. In the NFL they get the ball which is brand new in a sealed box only 2 hours prior to the start of the game. Kickers hate new footballs and much prefer old weathered ones as they are easier to controll. So if this is an additional physical challenge it may be adding to the mental one as well. We all know kicking is mostly a mental thing. Laces OUT Dan!!! :P

Still 3rd quarter but I am very impressed with everything first team with the bucs. Cleveland may not be good but that's never stopped the bucs in the past from struggling. Kicking game on point. Offense really strong and defense pretty solid. So far 2 penalties for 15 yards. Nice to see you can actually correct penalties instead of just talking about it.

Yes it was nice to see the team step it up for the home crowd. :D I was pleased as well especially for the kicking game. The 1st field goal attempt you could feel the tension. I was glad Aguayo got to hear cheers instead of geers. Hopefully that will help with his confidence and making every kick helps as well. I thought the defense struggled a bit against the run but it appears the bend don't break defense is back in town. The Offense looked well too not too many dropped passes and some solid running by Simms. The punt return for a TD by Humphreys was awesome as well. The new video boards are awesome although I was a bit disappointed that they used 30% of the big boards for advertising. I know ad space will always be involved but to me it would seem the tower screens and video ribbon would be more appropriate. The new sound system is awesome as well. I love my new seat(s) location and looking forward to more wins at home than last season.

Go Bucs :madra:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Kinda a strange move keeping 3 QB's. You gotta love what a straight shooter Dirk is. Flat out acknowledges that Glennon is in the last year of his contract and they have time invested in Griffen. We will see a lot of Griffen Thursday night. I am on the fence on weather it is the best choice and not save the spot for a 4th running back. That seems to be the position that will need the most reinforcements. But what the hell do I know :LOL:

Soggy game, soggy performance for the 4th preseason game. My impression is that the Redskins yes I said Redskins 2nd & 3rd strings are much better prepared than the Bucs. I also have a concern of a trend throughout training camp and preseason of the weakness defending the running game. Hopefully we will be "Atlanta Ready" but if I were Dirk I would fire everybody that played in tonights game!

That was a terrible game. I made it to halftime but just couldn't justify watching the second half especially since it is unlikely that I'll see a lot of those players in action again.

My Son & I stayed till about 1/2 way through the 3rd quarter. I already had the tickets I knew it would be hard to sell and I don't like the thought of throwing money out the window. They even upgraded our seats to club level as I am sure they figured no one "in their right mind" would show up. It was nice to sit down there where the rich folks sit :LOL: The stadium was the emptiest I have ever seen it for a football game and once again the majority of the crowd was rooting for the visitors :boo hiss: Our 2 laughable memories 1- the 1/2 time peewee football show was the best football of the evening :ebert: 2- It rained the entire time from the walk in through to when we left and then it stopped raining :ebert: Then today I was watching the after game press confrence with Dirk. He comes up to the podium gets a sarcastic smirk and says "Well that was fun" gotta love him! What a breat of fresh air to have a coach that is to the point and say it like it is. :yes:

• Like 1

Nice win. Atlanta seems surprised how well the bucs played.

Yeah and with New Orleans losing today, our Bucs are division leaders :unsure: :LOL: Hopefully it is a season lasting trend :yes:

• Like 2

All I can say is; If the Bucs win tomorrow RayJay is going to be crazy nuts for the home opener 09/25 when we host the LA Rams. I will be at that game either way. I am hoping for the victory away and of course beating the Rams. I have more confidence the Bucs do have a chance to win week 2 as every NFL 'expert' & Vegas has pinned us to lose. I personally wish we would be underdogs as (most every time) we are the favorite we end up losing. I am just hoping the "TEAM" that showed up at Atlanta last week makes an encore. If so we have a more than 1/2 chance of winning.