Felix Herenandez vs The Big Unit

Raider917

I heard the game on the radio tonight. Both pitchers did great. Felix pitched 8 innings and only gave up four hits with two being solo homers, walked four, and struck out seven. And he pitched himself out of a couple of jams quite effectively, either by forcing double plays or striking out the batters. He may have all the tools to be the ace now or next year, although I would like to see him get some more age and experience before that title gets put on his shoulders.

Ā 

Randy pitched 7 innings and only gave up three hits, although one of them should have actually been a throwing error on A-Rod. He also struck out seven and got a shutout. The commentators said he was about the best they had seen him all year and almost looked like the dominator of previous seasons. The only difference seems to be that his fastball isn't quite as fast (well, he is 41 years old) and he is relying more on his slider. But he was making all his pitches work for him tonight.

Ā 

Man I miss the glory days the M's started ten years ago.

Clemens and Carpenter are the two leading candidates for the NL Cy Young. The stats put up by Clemens are unreal, and if he keeps that up, only a positive test is going to keep him from winning it. There are a lot of rumors about him, but who's to say? Carpenter really stepped it up this year. The big difference in St. Louis has been pitching. There have been injuries to the lineup, and the pitching has more than made up for it.

Archived