Ken Jennings' Boner Thread (aka, The New Star Trek Thread)

LedRush

They're the comic relief of the Federation for sure and have their moments. The DS9 episode taking place at Area 51 is a hoot.

Yeah I know they were intended to be comic relief. I just never laughed at any of those relief moments. I read a bit before that they were FIRST meant to replace the Klingons as the Federation's enemies. However, their appearance wasn't menacing enough and they wouldn't have been seen as a threat. Soooooo, they were rewritten to be comic relief.

The only really really REALLY terrible comedic Ferengi episode is Profit and Lace where Quark does drag.

It's super bad, and not in a "Spock's Brain" way.

The best line is from Worf about 1-2 minutes into the episode, so you can watch it for that and skip to the next one and thank me later.

Can't get excited if I have no idea what the new show's premise is. If it focuses on a group of young cadets at Starfleet Academy, I'm not interested. If the star is the bastard child of some alien Kirk banged, I'm not interested. No parallel universe with the same character names. No Wil Wheaton. No Kate Mulgrew. No Ferengi. And, believe it or not, no variation of Data.

I'd totally be in for the the adventures of Commander Wesley Crusher and Captain Data. Even if they were teaching a group of young cadets in Starfleet Academy...as long as it isn't on earth.

And there'd be plenty of people that would be with you. But everyone I named, I never liked. Yes, that includes Data. And a Starfleet Academy show seems more like some teen drama crap that goes nowhere. Star Trek should be about...trekking. ;)

YOU NEVER LIKED DATA!?

YOU MONSTER!!

Seriously though, how is that possible?

:LOL:

Useless to explain. It's simply a preference.

I like ToS much much better than TNG but many would disagree with me. There's nothing to understand. Don't get me wrong though, TNG has tons of good episodes and ToS has some crap episodes. From TNG I liked Picard & Worf. I didn't care about Troi, Jordi, Data, Whoopi, and I really despised Wesley. From ToS I liked the entire cast and the chemistry of Kirk, Spock, & Bones has never been duplicated IMHO.

• Like 1

That's true, they've never really duplicated the Holy Triumvirate for me either.

You had great pairings of course:

Picard / Riker

Data / Geordi

Bashir / Garak

Bashir / O'Brien

Troi...

Odo / Quark

And yes, even Voyager had the Doctor / Seven