My Driving Experience Down To LA For Both Shows Was Surreal. Rush Music Met Mother Nature Head On! CHAIN LIGHTNING! FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS!

RUSHHEAD666

So I wasn't going to share this but fuckk it. I got back safe from LA so now I am on my good old trustworthy Apple!

So as the Rush dork that I am I decided to play every Rush album from "Test For Echo" to "RUSH." The only live albums I had active were "ASOH" and "ATWAS."

It was on my iPod which was connected into my Audi Media Center. Not a fan as I am still a cd guy.

So anyway by the time I got down to the Grapevine on the Interstate 5 I started to notice some serious ominous dark cloud systems.

It looked ugly and gray. From a faint distance I could see rain shrouding the barren landscape.

Shit I can write like Neil! LOL!!

So by the time I was ascending into the wicked wet weather "A Show Of Hands" was playing.

As I made my way to the darkness "Marathon" was playing.

I swear to God you must believe me. I don't bullshit.

I saw my first lightning strike and the lyric "Like a streak of lightning that flashes and fades in the summer sky" was sung by Geddy.

I freaked out yet remained cool.

As I continued to go into the mountainous incline "Force Ten" kicked in. As I stared into the skies pouring above there was an opening within the clouds above. It truly looked like the "eye of the storm." I was like blown away. Pun intended.

I kept getting these flash flood warnings on my phone while I was going through the Grapevine. It was bizarre to be honest.

As I was driving in the far left lane I saw a small gray car far right. The vehicle flew off the road into a ditch.

I was actually a bit nervous driving through this insane rain in the middle or tail end of summer.

Never done this before.

Anyway to "CUT TO THE CHASE" for some reason after "A Show Of Hands" was over the next Rush album was "Presto."

I swear to God or to whoever once "Chain Lightning" came on the sky lit up like in a fukking freaking "Frankenstein" film!!

Guys I was totally in awe. Chain lightning was going off all around me while the song was playing.

It was a trip man!! What are the odds?

Once I made it through the Grapevine and started to descend into the Valencia area the sky was blue and the temperature was back up to 100.

Inside the Grapevine the temperature dropped to 78 degrees.

It was a wild experience.

So was last night seeing the greatest band in the world end their existence. Or perhaps not!

Hey I will tell you all who waste their time reading this shit.

My buddy got into the after party last night.

Perhaps this is old news but the Foo Fighters were there. Paul Rudd. Chad Smith. Stewart Fukking Copeland. Terry Brown!

So hey I guess Neil and Stewart are friends after all eh?????

I am sure you real fans remember the story of Stewart Copeland coming up to Neil back in the Eighties and Neil totally blew him off!

Urban Legend or FACT?

Who knows!!!

RUSH RULES FORFUKKINGEVER!!!

ALL POSERS NEED TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!

I'm totally connected to Mother Nature and RUSH!

Some say that I'm "Losing It" I say fuckk that!!!

I know what I love and I love what I know.

I'm not on drugs while writing this.

RUSH IS MY DRUG!!!!

CHEERS!

Oh yeah,

The ole' Grapevine. Many memories from back in the day. :codger: Did you stop at Magic Mountain? :D

Dude! I love driving by Magic Mountain! I had a lot of memories there when I was a kid! Also I love "Vacation" and that cheesy KISS And The Phantom movie.

Those coasters look incredible. I really need to stop and hit them all! I'm going to San Diego next year to see the Home Run Derby and the All Star Game.

Perhaps I will stop off then.

WALLYWORLD!

Oh hell now! KISS meets the Phantom of the Park was cinemà f***ing veritè! Suck on that Citizen Kane!

So I wasn't going to share this but fuckk it. I got back safe from LA so now I am on my good old trustworthy Apple!

So as the Rush dork that I am I decided to play every Rush album from "Test For Echo" to "RUSH." The only live albums I had active were "ASOH" and "ATWAS."

It was on my iPod which was connected into my Audi Media Center. Not a fan as I am still a cd guy.

So anyway by the time I got down to the Grapevine on the Interstate 5 I started to notice some serious ominous dark cloud systems.

It looked ugly and gray. From a faint distance I could see rain shrouding the barren landscape.

Shit I can write like Neil! LOL!!

So by the time I was ascending into the wicked wet weather "A Show Of Hands" was playing.

As I made my way to the darkness "Marathon" was playing.

I swear to God you must believe me. I don't bullshit.

I saw my first lightning strike and the lyric "Like a streak of lightning that flashes and fades in the summer sky" was sung by Geddy.

I freaked out yet remained cool.

As I continued to go into the mountainous incline "Force Ten" kicked in. As I stared into the skies pouring above there was an opening within the clouds above. It truly looked like the "eye of the storm." I was like blown away. Pun intended.

I kept getting these flash flood warnings on my phone while I was going through the Grapevine. It was bizarre to be honest.

As I was driving in the far left lane I saw a small gray car far right. The vehicle flew off the road into a ditch.

I was actually a bit nervous driving through this insane rain in the middle or tail end of summer.

Never done this before.

Anyway to "CUT TO THE CHASE" for some reason after "A Show Of Hands" was over the next Rush album was "Presto."

I swear to God or to whoever once "Chain Lightning" came on the sky lit up like in a fukking freaking "Frankenstein" film!!

Guys I was totally in awe. Chain lightning was going off all around me while the song was playing.

It was a trip man!! What are the odds?

Once I made it through the Grapevine and started to descend into the Valencia area the sky was blue and the temperature was back up to 100.

Inside the Grapevine the temperature dropped to 78 degrees.

It was a wild experience.

So was last night seeing the greatest band in the world end their existence. Or perhaps not!

Hey I will tell you all who waste their time reading this shit.

My buddy got into the after party last night.

Perhaps this is old news but the Foo Fighters were there. Paul Rudd. Chad Smith. Stewart Fukking Copeland. Terry Brown!

So hey I guess Neil and Stewart are friends after all eh?????

I am sure you real fans remember the story of Stewart Copeland coming up to Neil back in the Eighties and Neil totally blew him off!

Urban Legend or FACT?

Who knows!!!

RUSH RULES FORFUKKINGEVER!!!

ALL POSERS NEED TO EXIT STAGE LEFT!!

I'm totally connected to Mother Nature and RUSH!

Some say that I'm "Losing It" I say fuckk that!!!

I know what I love and I love what I know.

I'm not on drugs while writing this.

RUSH IS MY DRUG!!!!

CHEERS!

Oh yeah,

The ole' Grapevine. Many memories from back in the day. :codger: Did you stop at Magic Mountain? :D

Dude! I love driving by Magic Mountain! I had a lot of memories there when I was a kid! Also I love "Vacation" and that cheesy KISS And The Phantom movie.

Those coasters look incredible. I really need to stop and hit them all! I'm going to San Diego next year to see the Home Run Derby and the All Star Game.

WALLYWORLD!

I saw that Colossus got a huge makeover. Looks like a wicked coaster. I rode Revolution ten times in a row once.

Is that the same one that was built in the 70's?,

I remember when they built a huge wooden one but I can't remember the name of it. A few of us went there after it was built. I don't know how they convinced me to go on it. :LOL:

The entire Griswald family is on it at the end of film. John Candy too!

Oh yeah,

I was really high when I rode that MF! But I won't go in to details. :P That first drop is scary sh**! :LOL:

Did you puke?

Nope i was to high on some thing! :laughing guy:

Hahaha!!! I can only imagine!!

Oh yeah,

Thats the only way I was riding on it. :P

Haha! So you had roller coaster stage fright?

Lets just say I would not have done it sober. :D

• Like 1

Oh yeah,

WALLYWORLD!

I saw that Colossus got a huge makeover. Looks like a wicked coaster. I rode Revolution ten times in a row once.

Is that the same one that was built in the 70's?,

I remember when they built a huge wooden one but I can't remember the name of it. A few of us went there after it was built. I don't know how they convinced me to go on it. :LOL:

The entire Griswald family is on it at the end of film. John Candy too!

Oh yeah,

I was really high when I rode that MF! But I won't go in to details. :P That first drop is scary sh**! :LOL:

I haven't been to Magic Mountain since I was 13 or 14 which was ... a few years ago! Wasn't Colossus the roller coaster that you could see from the freeway, and it looked scary enough from there.

If it is the same one from the 70's,

Then yes. :codger: