The Grudge

Pags

I borrowed this movie from friends of ours. Everyone's asleep and I didn't feel like crashing yet so I put it on.

All I can say is I'm going to f***ing kill them. This movie is scaring the shit out of me right now, and I'm no easily spooked by movies. Something about this one..... It's working.

f**k - just as I was typing this something ELSE made me jump out of my f***ing skin.

DAMMIT

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Aug 21 2005, 02:05 AM)
I've seen The Grudge..and watched it by myself too unsure.gif

I turned it off half way and watched the rest in the daytime biggrin.gif

I know what you mean about the 'jumping' tongue.gif

Movies don't do this to me. I'm so freaked right now. I'm just watching the scene where Bill Pullman discovers the boy at the house. So.... he went in. Seems that anyone who goes in.....

DAMN as I was typing this the scene ended. laugh.gif JEEZ I'm so FREAKED!!

OMG HE'S SO STUPID!!! WHY DID HE GO IN THERE???

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 21 2005, 02:12 AM)
QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Aug 21 2005, 02:05 AM)
I've seen The Grudge..and watched it by myself too  unsure.gif

I turned it off half way and watched the rest in the daytime  biggrin.gif

I know what you mean about the 'jumping'  tongue.gif

Movies don't do this to me. I'm so freaked right now. I'm just watching the scene where Bill Pullman discovers the boy at the house. So.... he went in. Seems that anyone who goes in.....

DAMN as I was typing this the scene ended. laugh.gif JEEZ I'm so FREAKED!!

Hows that song go?

"You gotta get IN to get OUT" In this case..its, you gotta GO in to get OUT laugh.gif

It just ended. GOOD MOVIE!!

Wow - they just did things well in this one. The parts that are meant to make you jump... DO. Man, I'm so creaped out. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 21 2005, 01:38 AM)
Sarah does a neato, creepy imitation of that sound the lady ghost makes...She freaks me out on the phone when she does it!!!

scared.gif scared.gif scared.gif

laugh.gif Oh yeah!! I haven't done that in awhile..... mwahahahahaha!!!! wink.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 21 2005, 02:38 AM)
Sarah does a neato, creepy imitation of that sound the lady ghost makes...She freaks me out on the phone when she does it!!! 

scared.gif  scared.gif  scared.gif

NO F'ING WAY!!!

I'm glad it's the middle of the night, cause if my phone rang during this movie I would have shit a brick.

I feel so dumb. So few movies do this to me!!!

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 21 2005, 02:42 AM)

NO F'ING WAY!!!

I'm glad it's the middle of the night, cause if my phone rang during this movie I would have shit a brick.

Just think...now you gotta fall asleep unsure.gif

QUOTE (CanEHdian @ Aug 21 2005, 02:49 AM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 21 2005, 02:42 AM)

NO F'ING WAY!!!

Just think...now you gotta fall asleep unsure.gif

Now that the movie is over, I'm fine. laugh.gif

Really. unsure.gif

The Grudge new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif . I haven't seen the original Japanese version of Juwon (The Grudge) but supposedly it's supposed to be even scarier. I heard the only difference is that there are no American characters in it. But something about a lower budget makes some movies even creepier. And, actually, just being alone in a generations-old Japanese style home (especially in the countryside) can be damn eerie at times...something about the combination of old wood, narrow corridors, rice paper sliding doors, and tattami flooring just gives it a certain feel ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 22 2005, 04:41 AM)
Pags watching The Grudge-> http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/test4vitalsigns/more%20gifs/tv_horror.gif

rofl3.gif

wow. i've heard crap-loads of NEGATIVE comments about this movie but i personally thought it was great. i'm glad to see pags thought it was so scary and well done.

i wasn't scared by it as much as pags but i was PRETTY freaked out by it. that noise that the ghost girl makes...*shudders* especially in that bus scene. that made me jump right out of my freaking seat.

oh yea and i saw it in th THEATER. try to imagine that pags.

I found alot of negative comments on this one as well, enough to pass on it.

Now Pags and Freedom_Fighter make me want to see it. But that's a good thing. I'll let you know what I think.

Schro

QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Aug 22 2005, 06:06 PM)
wow. i've heard crap-loads of NEGATIVE comments about this movie but i personally thought it was great. i'm glad to see pags thought it was so scary and well done.

i wasn't scared by it as much as pags but i was PRETTY freaked out by it. that noise that the ghost girl makes...*shudders* especially in that bus scene. that made me jump right out of my freaking seat.

If you read my first post where I curse and say something else made me jump.... IT WAS THE BUS SCENE!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Aug 22 2005, 09:16 PM)
I found alot of negative comments on this one as well, enough to pass on it.

Now Pags and Freedom_Fighter make me want to see it.  But that's a good thing.  I'll let you know what I think.

Schro

So many movies of this style are ok to watch, but they do nothing to me. Maybe I was just in the right frame of mind, or something. Not sure.

All I can say is I was glued to the set - wide eyed - and I don't think I could sink further into my couch. laugh.gif

I hope you check it out. Let us know if you think it's a hit or miss. smile.gif

Edited by Pags

QUOTE (Pags @ Aug 22 2005, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (Freedom_Fighter @ Aug 22 2005, 06:06 PM)

If you read my first post where I curse and say something else made me jump.... IT WAS THE BUS SCENE!!! laugh.gif

laugh.gif nice. that certainly was a freakin freaky scene.