Long Range Forecast - Tulsa

The Weather Channel put a Tor-Con at 6 for Oklahoma starting Wednesday through Friday. Tor-Con is a rating system they developed about 5 years ago that is basically a 1-10 system that gives a tornado chance within 50 miles. They have the entire state at elevated risk at 60%. It would seriously suck road tripping in there and dodging an F-3 in Tulsa. Hoping everything clears out before 2 pm Friday. Anyway, just wanted to give everyone a heads up on what the expected weather models are showing. It is after all that time of year being peak of tornado season. Let's open a tour right in the middle of tornado alley at the peak of the season!

I saw them in Tulsa on the Time Machine Tour and the BOK is a beautiful venue. The rest of Tulsa..meh.

This West Coast girl wonders ... aren't you Mid-Westerners scared of these tornadoes that just appear and devastate your towns? At least our severe earthquakes are infrequent here (only one bad one in the past 50 years).

This far out models are a real crap shoot. Yet this time of year in OK being weather aware is smart.

My house was built in 1965, still standing.

Edited by JohnRogers

I live right down the road in Oklahoma City and can just say be "weather aware" if by chance nasty weather happens. With the forecast being 7 days out nothing is set in stone and will probably change many times before next Friday. At this point I would be more afraid of North Tulsa than I would a tornado.
  • Like 1