My new band Pompeii Day!

After about 2 years of writing and practicing I'm finally super excited to announce my new band Pompeii Day. It's myself on drums, my brother on guitar, and our two friends from a former local band on bass and vocals. We just recently entered a contest our local radio station is putting on to have a new local band play at the 2015 Hangout Music Festival. An AMAZING opportunity. So we have now released our debut single titled "The Flesh is Weak"

Check it out! I'd love any feedback.

http://pompeiiday.ba...e-flesh-is-weak

Here's the links for facebook and twitter for those of you who use such things.

facebook.com/pompeiiday

@ PompeiiDay on twitter

• Like 3

Well, no such luck on the contest....RIGGED I TELL YA! But with that disappointment comes a rebellious burst of creativity. We're still set to have our debut show next week, but we're already busy working on tracks for our EP. I've been in lots of bands in my time...but this one has definitely been the only one to get me goin' (musically speaking)...Stay tuned! Edited by edm2112

After about 2 years of writing and practicing I'm finally super excited to announce my new band Pompeii Day. It's myself on drums, my brother on guitar, and our two friends from a former local band on bass and vocals. We just recently entered a contest our local radio station is putting on to have a new local band play at the 2015 Hangout Music Festival. An AMAZING opportunity. So we have now released our debut single titled "The Flesh is Weak"

facebook.com/pompeiiday

@ PompeiiDay on twitter

Holy Michael Stipe batman!

Cool song. I like it.

• Like 1

facebook.com/pompeiiday

@ PompeiiDay on twitter

Absolutely cool! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

• Like 1

facebook.com/pompeiiday

@ PompeiiDay on twitter

Holy Michael Stipe batman!

Cool song. I like it.

Many thanks! It's funny you mention Michael Stipe and Batman. We've had people remark about how 90's our sound is...which is a good thing I think...It's one of the main facets of our sound influence...and after every practice, before we part ways we always say "lets find out what happens next week...same bat time, same bat channel." We figured our first single needed to be as "radio friendly" as possible...but we've come up with some concept pieces and some material that reflects a bit more of the Floyd/Rush vibe. Our first show is out of the way and I know I'm itching for more. Will definitely post more as it's completed!

• Like 1

facebook.com/pompeiiday

@ PompeiiDay on twitter

Absolutely cool! :ebert: :ebert: :ebert:

Thanks Babycat! Glad you enjoyed it! There's sure to be plenty more coming soon!