Are VIP tickets resellable at all?

jcsbass

I'm really on the fence here. I'm trying to get tickets for Toronto, and will be flying up from VA for the show (it's my 40th b'day too!). I want great seats, so I'm willing to pay for VIP. But if something happens and we have to cancel the trip, am I going to eat the $800+ for the tickets? If that's the case, I'm tempted to just roll the dice with regular tickets and see if I can luck into something good.

Of course, my gut says to just get VIP and make sure the trip happens, come hell or high water.

If you did need to sell them later on, I don't think you'll be able to get what you're paying for them.

I think you're just gonna have to roll the bones.

Why would you NOT be able to resell your tickets? The only way they could try to stop you would be to force you to pick them up at will call the day of the show. If they mail the tickets to you before the show then you can do whatever you want with them. They're not going to check ID at the door to make sure that the guy showing up at the show is the same guy who bought the ticket.

Why would you NOT be able to resell your tickets? The only way they could try to stop you would be to force you to pick them up at will call the day of the show. If they mail the tickets to you before the show then you can do whatever you want with them. They're not going to check ID at the door to make sure that the guy showing up at the show is the same guy who bought the ticket.

This is what they did the last couple of tours. The tickets say only the person who's on it can use it.

Depends on who is selling the tickets. Ticketmaster will tell you where the seats are when you buy them and send you the tickets. If it is not a Ticketmaster VIP pre-sale, then it will be the same as previous tours for VIP: you will find out your seat on the day of the show, and you cannot sell it.

well, it's moot. as most others found, VIP was unavailable about a second after tickets went on sale. i opted for the regular presale instead and scored 7th row, geddy side, for the 2nd toronto show. i got two 19th row tickets first, but kept clicking til i found something better. they're way off to the side, but still. it's going to be an awesome trip!