Grand Designs: 7

Manhattan Project: 7

Marathon: 8

Territories: 9

Middletown Dreams: 10

Emotion Detector: 6

Mystic Rhythms: 6

Yes! Finally another Middletown Dreams lover! :D

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Middletown Dreams, it is my favourite song on the album (along with Mystic Rhythms). But while I have a strong emotional connection to the song, in terms of songwriting, it's not exactly a big step forward for the band, hence why I gave it only an 8. If I was voting simply for songs that I like, it would have been a 10. But I'm trying to rate the songs in terms of composition.

Ah. OK, that makes sense; based on composition alone I would also give it an 8. I guess we interpreted the poll differently...

len(songs), I really try to interpret these polls as being concerned with which songs really rate as great compositions and innovations for RUSH. It gets monotonous to simply write again and again which songs are favourites. I think we could be a bit more critical, it might add a new dimension to these polls!

The Big Money - 8

Grand Designs - 7

Manhatten Project - 7

Marathon - 10

Territories - 10

Middletown Dreams - 9

Emotion Detector - 8

Mystic Rhythms - 10

I think the run from Marathon to Mystic Rythms might be the strongest streak of songs in Rush's whole discography.

My 3rd favorite Rush album, only behind Farewell to Kings and Grace Under Pressure. If it weren't for Hemispheres (the song), Mystic Rhythms would be my all-time favorite Rush composition. The entire 2nd half of that song is perfection.

Absolutely fantastic record.