Quintessential Rush Song?

Geddy's Soul Patch

Headlong Flight, probably by definition. Doesn't contain a lot of bits and pieces(I don't know the musical terms) from other hits? Like, I know for a fact, it sounds similar to the beginning of bastille day.

Minor fixed. :)

Sorry.

"Available Light"

Gotcha!

"Red Barchetta" gets my vote. It's just a PERFECT Rush song. It's concise and short (not that there is anything bad about long songs) which allows the song to make a clear determined aural statement, it's catchy as hell so that "normal" people get it, but it's ALSO super complicated: the true gift of the song is that the complications encased therein absolutely do NOT in ANY way detract from the enjoyment by a casual listener. It has distorted Rickenbacker solos, an amazing guitar solo section with perfect odd time signatures that actually ADD to the song, some of the Neil's best and most musical drum parts I've EVER heard that TOTALLY fit, it's recorded perfectly, and it SOUNDS like what it's about; it builds and falls where appropriate, it builds tension, and it also flat out rocks. It's one of their best songs. It's quintessential RUSH.

• Like 4

Headlong Flight, probably by definition. Doesn't it contain a lot of bits and pieces(I don't know the musical terms) from other hits? Like, I know for a fact, the beginning sounds the same as the beginning of bastille day.

how does one tell another that their opinion is just plain wrong.

:)

• Like 1